2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

No new signings today's folks. Mr Burrows just confirmed on Twitter.

Disgrace ! Sack The Board !

Motherwell is and always will be his spiritual home and so it should be.

If we can help him maintain his fitness and he gets another gig, then I would be more then happy with that.

If he has no other options and signs for us on a pay and play or for peanuts. Would be happy to have him around.

• Like 2

Sad to see his stock reduce to such a degree however Baraclough may like the idea of a cultured Trequarista ......

Can see Dom Thomas getting used from 15-20 minutes as previously Ainsworth has struggled to last a match, maybe that will change this pre-season.

Can see Johnson being dynamite now he'll have a decent pre-season as he admitted the difference in fitness levels between us and the Kidderminster was quite a gulf.

Moult looks extremely promising.

For me we're lacking a 15 point per season keeper, a centre half and a backup for Lasley (if possible). McDonald would be the icing on the cake.

I think he's watched the play off game and thinks our crowd must be the norm!! Pretty sure Wrexham is a bigger place than Motherwell and their average attendance is between 4-7k. sounds a bit familiar.

3264 was there average last year from what I googled.

The exception that springs to mind for me is our very own Keith McRae wasn;lt he playing in goals for us at 17 or 18 and doing a great job!

Keith was also a better outfield player than Woods. Played quite a few games outfield. I remember him playing right back at Ibrox against Morton in a league cup play off game which we won 1-0

Can see Dom Thomas getting used from 15-20 minutes as previously Ainsworth has struggled to last a match, maybe that will change this pre-season.

With Lionel suspended for the first two games, Dom might have the opportunity to put in a real claim.

--------------------------------- TBC (Twardzik) -----------------------------

--- Law (Watt, Reid) -- Laing -- McManus -- Hammell (Chalmers) ---

Ainsworth (Thomas) - Pearson (Cadden) - Lasley (Leach) - Johnson

------------- Clarkson (Fletcher) ------- Moult (Moore) -------------------

Correct me if I'm wrong but this is our current lineup with backup (some players can be used elsewhere). No doubt there is cover but I've only listed players who have made a consistent jump up to the first team in the past.

--------------------------------- TBC (Twardzik) -----------------------------

--- Law (Watt, Reid) -- Laing -- McManus -- Hammell (Chalmers) ---

Ainsworth (Thomas) - Pearson (Cadden) - Lasley (Leach) - Johnson

------------- Clarkson (Fletcher) ------- Moult (Moore) -------------------

Correct me if I'm wrong but this is our current lineup with backup (some players can be used elsewhere). No doubt there is cover elsewhere but I've only listed players who have made a consistent jump up to the first team in the past.

Cadden is a right midfielder and Dom Thomas will cover Marvin Johnson.

That's not a bad starting XI. Not sure how much we'll see of Clarkson in terms of a starting role, we would possibly see him more as an option from the bench like Sutton was towards the end of the season. If McDonald signs on too, I reckon it would be a Moult and McDonald pairing up front with Clarkson and Fletcher as backup - wouldn't be surprised if that saw Craig Moore off on loan for a bit.

Elsewhere, we need a new goalie and a backup on the right - more of a winger through than just a right-footed midfielder. Bara seems to be setting us up with a lot of pace down the flank so we need adequate back up if that's going to be our philosophy from now on.

I did get that but last season when Thomas made an appearance it was mostly to replace Ainsworth and then switch sides. Johnson looks like he'll last 90.

Regardless, as I said earlier, not enough depth in central defence and central midfield, more signings still to come, not to forget the last minute scramble come deadline day and a few loanee's. All very promising. Keeper in the Randolph mould to gain us 15 points a season and it's back to the top 6/Euro qualification (fingers crossed).

I did get that but last season when Thomas made an appearance it was mostly to replace Ainsworth and then switch sides. Johnson looks like he'll last 90.

Regardless, as I said earlier, not enough depth in central defence and central midfield, more signings still to come, not to forget the last minute scramble come deadline day and a few loanee's. All very promising. Keeper in the Randolph mould to gain us 15 points a season and it's back to the top 6/Euro qualification (fingers crossed).

I agree, the focus is now on midfield and defence. A keeper in the mould of Randolph would be fantastic after the struggle in this position over the last few years.