2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

Watching the Stjarnan game here and Derek Rae was being very complimentary about one of the Stjarnan midfielders, that he's seen quite a bit of him and he looks like the one player in their team who could play at a higher level. Stephen Craigan agreed with him and after Rae said that he wouldn't be surprised if a few Scottish clubs had been looking at him, Craggs replied; "We certainly have... I wouldn't be surprised to see him move on in the next couple of weeks".

Could obviously be nothing, but fits the bill of a young midfielder with a bit of potential.

Watching the Stjarnan game here and Derek Rae was being very complimentary about one of the Stjarnan midfielders, that he's seen quite a bit of him and he looks like the one player in their team who could play at a higher level. Stephen Craigan agreed with him and after Rae said that he wouldn't be surprised if a few Scottish clubs had been looking at him, Craggs replied; "We certainly have... I wouldn't be surprised to see him move on in the next couple of weeks".

Could obviously be nothing, but fits the bill of a young midfielder with a bit of potential.

I took that to mean that he and Derek Rae had been watching him closely...

Dan gives me the fear. He was third choice at Dundee and only got one game when their goalie was suspended He was not rated by two managers Hartley and Brown. If you watch the Bradford highlights he wad at fault for all three goals. Obviously the first, caught at his near post for the second and dragged so far across his goal at the third that the guy had a huge target to head into. I would like to see Dan out on loan and two new keepers brought in.

Henrik Ojamaa ?????? Highly rated by previous managers ???????

I took that to mean that he and Derek Rae had been watching him closely...

Derek Rae said "I know Scottish teams are watching (him)" and Craigan replied "we certainly are".

There may be something in it as they've mentioned him and his potential a few times.

Only had the game on in the background but I clocked this too.

Baraclough has previously stated that he's already planning for the January window. Burrows has previously tweeted that we're looking at players outwith the UK. It may be the case that we have our eye on 1 or 2 from the summer leagues across Europe.

Everyone wants a centre midfield also me but what's the point in signing someone like Jackson Irvine if he's not going to get a game would be better just taking him on loan then signing him next season instead of buying him now when he will just get wasted and will be backup

If we signed someone like Jackson Irvine who is to say they wouldn't get a regular start? You can't assume that they would not. I sincerely hope that the days of a player being an automatic pick irrespective are well and truly over. We need competition for all positions.

Yep, like Ojamma, Higdon , Sutton, Law and Ainsworth.....no players there

Sutton was a previous well player with proven top flight ability - doesn't count.

And as far as the others, I raise you Omar Daley, Francis Jeffers, Lee Hollis, Tim Clancy and Fraser Kerr.

Craig Brown signed Hollis. Fraser Kerr doesn't count, being a former player and all. And Tim Clancy wasn't that bad.

Ah, my mistake on Hollis.

Fraser Kerr does count - he was a youth player when he moved and Tim Clancy was a stick on to concede a goal every second or third game.

I think this was the game the camera pans in on him seconds after either the first or second flies past him. Looking utterly incredulous he quickly mouths an amusing (amusing because we eventually hung on and won) "Fuck Me" before returning to the calm and steadying influence between the sticks we all remember.....

I remember it as St J were all over us that day, we were living a charmed life. Hollis was unfortunate that it was only after he came on that things started to go right for them.

As much as Dan's physical stature isn't akin to what most would like between the sticks, he had as many gaff's per game as the larger Long and also wasn't helped by a constantly changing/keystone cop defence during McCall's reign.

I'm happy to bash him if his reputation and ability are beyond saving however his attitude and endeavour were not mirrored by those on more money and with more experience last season.

I would like to see a new keeper but I also feel we have a very capable understudy in Dan and if we are facing a month with him as the only option until deadline day then it's not the biggest of our problems.

Shitey, snide remarks on here add nothing.

• Like 2

Franny Jeffers gets a tough time. His link up play was very very good.

Decent signing over the short time he was with us.

I agree about Jeffers' link up play. His off-the-ball movement was also excellent.

He absolutely ruined United in the cup game and replay, they didn't get anywhere close to dealing with him in either game. Worth it on that alone, IMO.