2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

Not that he would have been directly competing with Pearo for the same role but I'm sure I read/heard that Ross MacLean is also out (for a month or so I think), which is another midfield option currently out of the equation.

That said I still don't think it'll affect the pace of the chase for another centre-mid all the same.

Re, Cadden: Only seen him play 10 or so games but imho has a Stephen Gerrard style. Not for a moment am I suggesting he is that good. If Pearson is out for long and transfer market is not successful he would be a better option than Leitch as partner to Lasley.

IMO Cadden is a better player than Leitch and is a better prospect and also Leitch can be a bit of a dirty player with hands all over players

What's your theory behind this? I've never actually seen Cadden play so i'm intrigued at the positive reviews he seems to be getting.

As for your second point, absolutely nothing wrong with being "a bit of a dirty player". Every good team needs 2 or 3 of them.

As for your second point, absolutely nothing wrong with being "a bit of a dirty player". Every good team needs 2 or 3 of them.

Not when they are giving away free kicks and penalties if it's a good hard challenge then fair enough but seems to give things away easily

Not that he would have been directly competing with Pearo for the same role but I'm sure I read/heard that Ross MacLean is also out (for a month or so I think), which is another midfield option currently out of the equation.

That said I still don't think it'll affect the pace of the chase for another centre-mid all the same.

Yeah, currently in a protective shoe. Expected to be 4 to 6 weeks out (already missed 2) having broke a bone in his foot in training the day after being told he would fill in for Ainsworth at right midfield for the first two matches I hear.

Please excuse my ignorance but what kind of a player is Cadden? Box to box? Playmaker? Combative?

We need to proceed with caution with cadden. He's a wing back to trade and only in the last year has adapted to play midfield so I've no idea why people are saying he's ready to step in to replace Pearson. He played wide right when on loan at Albion rovers too. He has good energy but in my opinion he would benefit with another season on loan this time in championship or league one. If we were to utilise one of our youth in centre midfield for me it would be the one with the most experience of playing there and that would be leitch

Re, Cadden: Only seen him play 10 or so games but imho has a Stephen Gerrard style. Not for a moment am I suggesting he is that good. If Pearson is out for long and transfer market is not successful he would be a better option than Leitch as partner to Lasley.

You must have been to most of the u20s games last season as that's the only season he's played midfield

Yes I Have plus a few Rovers matches. Don't get me wrong I am not comparing him to Leitch or which one is better or even ready for a lengthy first team stretch in the event of Pearson being absent and no replacement brought in. All I am saying is that if that scenario happens he would be better suited to play alongside Lasley. I think too it would be a lot to ask any of the youngsters to play in that position for presumably for 4 months if the rumours are true.

If Pearson is out for a month or more we can't go with just three centre mids at the club and especially not a 35 y.o, a 20 y.o just back from a serious injury and a completely unproven 18 year old.

One centre mid is a must regardless, two is possibly required depending on this injury. Even if we bring in two it's still a thin squad and everyone should get their chance this season.

If Pearson is out for a month or more we can't go with just three centre mids at the club and especially not a 35 y.o, a 20 y.o just back from a serious injury and a completely unproven 18 year old.

One centre mid is a must regardless, two is possibly required depending on this injury. Even if we bring in two it's still a thin squad and everyone should get their chance this season.

McFadden could drop back to Centre Mid on a month to month contract...

The Twitter machine has a young(ish) winger with us on trial, Ryan Brobbel (one tweet and no other mention but it seems to have come from someone with a Boro connection of sorts rather than a random ITK account): https://twitter.com/shaunwilson71/status/628523074187567104

Released by Boro at the end of the season. Interesting if so since I wondered if there might be a school of thought that we're a bit light on the left side with Chalmers having had to step in (and doing a solid job by all accounts it has to be said).

Also goes back to Flow's reply to someone a while back along the lines of "at least" two more to come in, the two being the much discussed GK and CM. May well be the case that we're not simply restricting our recruitment to those positions though.

Edit to add: going by a couple of posts on Boro's forums there were a few people quite surprised he was released with the suggestion he was quite close to breaking into their first team. Make of that what you will.

And there's your trialist there in the u20s this afternoon.