2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

Going by the manager's press conference earlier it definitely sounds as if he has another player in mind that he's looking to bring in beyond Taylor. Usual "if there's someone that will enhance the group"-type patter but the impression was that there's a specific player he's targeting before the window closes.

Jake Taylor sounds like a decent signing perhaps in the Pearson mould and he should give us cover until Pearo returns at the very least. We need a bit of pace and energy in the engine room. It also sounds as though he could also deputise on the left wing if required. Hopefully we're also targetting a defensive midfielder who can deputise for, or replace, Keith Lasley. If we do then the squad will be complete near as dammit.

It seems that Taylor played regularly for Reading up until Christmas last season. When Nigel Adkins was sacked and Steve Clark took over he did not feature and was sent out on loan. Adkins must have rated him and Adkins is a big mate of Barraclough. Conjecture but it seems to add up that Adkins recommended him.

I suspect that Taylor has been brought in as cover for Marv, because he tends to tail off after 60-70 mins, and tends to suffer from niggly injuries. I still think we will see another midfielder before the close of the window based on our previous persuit of Bolger & Irvine i.e. A more defensive or box-to-box midfielder.

Thank crunchy. We don't need to suffer 400 barbs regarding his height now then? He may gain a chance on merit?

Merit per se is the critical quality of course. However as they say in boxing and in the English premiership a good big un is better than a good little un.

No idea what height Taylor is.

This lad had been playing 1st team football for Reading in the Championship up until Christmas. I am not going to go over the top until he has played a few games, however we are kidding ourselves if you think he will be coming here to be a bit part player. I suspect this guy will more than hold his own in our league. I am expecting him to be a key player for us over the season.

This lad had been playing 1st team football for Reading in the Championship up until Christmas. I am not going to go over the top until he has played a few games, however we are kidding ourselves if you think he will be coming here to be a bit part player. I suspect this guy will more than hold his own in our league. I am expecting him to be a key player for us over the season.

Exactly this . A player at the age of 23 with a decent amount of Championship gametime behind him , and who has been in and around what is a pretty decent current national squad , is not coming here to sit on the bench when he has been doing exactly that for his parent club in a better league as recently as last Saturday.

Have every hope that he will live up to the billing and become a major influence for us in the middle of the park over the course of the season .

With work and holidays I haven't seen us in action since pumping Ran*ers and will also miss tonight , so looking forward to Saturday to see him and all the other new recruits for the first time.

All I said was I don't know if Taylor should start at Tynecastle the day after he signed. No doubt he'll get plenty of game time (assuming he performs for us). Although if we sign another midfielder like Baraclough was hinting, someone will be disappointed every week.

Vigurs back to Caley confirmed by the BBC.

Smiling at their view that Vigurs was "used sparingly" by Motherwell last season.

I guess the thorough BBC reporter never questioned why when he looked as his total appearances on Soccerbase why he didn't play beyond December...