2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

I came home from work yesterday and went straight to bed so this is the first I've known about us signing ANOTHER striker. Utterly bizarre.

You really wonder what he's thinking about because our weaknesses are fairly obvious and it wasn't another striker we needed to bring in. Having said that Theo Robinson might do the business.

We really need a win today but I'd be lying if I didn't say that I was rapidly losing confidence in Baraclough and if even some of the players feel the same way then we are staring trouble in the face.

Think Kilmarnock will have Obadeyi and Slater back from injury, they haven't played yet in the league but Slater started against Berwick and Obadeyi came on as a sub, and they are probably their two most creative and dangerous players. Not ideal from our point of view. Also need to keep an eye on the youngsters Kiltie and Splaine. Always liked the look of Kiltie when I've seen him and Splaine has got some good reviews recently.

We started last season with both Ramsden and Kerr being available for the right back position, they were released and although Law was playing in midfield, he cemented the right back position later in the season.

We now have Law and Reid as the senior pros in this position, with an unproven young player also in contention.

I'm still concerned that after five players playing there in a year, we still don't have a solution.

I agree that RB is Josh Law's best position. However, late last season he was costing us goals there (2 against Killie!). No-one knows about Reid, who was/is probably our best senior pro in that position, although that isn't saying much. Kennedy is a centre back who reportedly can play at RB if needed. That leaves Luke Watt, who in my view, is possibly a solution - he's still inexperienced and largely untested but looks the part.

• Like 1

feels like barraclough is trying to form a fantasy football team of all strikers. Theo does seem like a decent signing if we didnt have 18 thousand strikers already. we have priorities elsewhere to be dealt with!

I came home from work yesterday and went straight to bed so this is the first I've known about us signing ANOTHER striker. Utterly bizarre.

You really wonder what he's thinking about because our weaknesses are fairly obvious and it wasn't another striker we needed to bring in. Having said that Theo Robinson might do the business.

We really need a win today but I'd be lying if I didn't say that I was rapidly losing confidence in Baraclough and if even some of the players feel the same way then we are staring trouble in the face.

Think Kilmarnock will have Obadeyi and Slater back from injury, they haven't played yet in the league but Slater started against Berwick and Obadeyi came on as a sub, and they are probably their two most creative and dangerous players. Not ideal from our point of view. Also need to keep an eye on the youngsters Kiltie and Splaine. Always liked the look of Kiltie when I've seen him and Splaine has got some good reviews recently.

You would think Killie were world beaters by your assessment. If we play tae form we will thrash them .

Against Dundee untd and Aberdeen and probaly StJ (althouh i was not in perth so cant be sure) we created lots of chances we never took, which if we had we would have more than likely taken something from all 3 games. None of the strikers we have currently are on top form so if Robinson starts to score a few of the chances we are making then it might be a decent bit of business.

feels like barraclough is trying to form a fantasy football team of all strikers. Theo does seem like a decent signing if we didnt have 18 thousand strikers already. we have priorities elsewhere to be dealt with!

A bit Neil Lennon if you ask me; sign lots of folk, hope that 1 or 2 cut it, let the others dwell in the reserves.

This is so, so confusing. I was never a fan of the Clarkson signing but now it just looks completely mental.

I sense a system change or a few positional changes coming soon

I fucking hope so.

He surely must be at least comtemplating it, to have this many strikers for 1 place is madness

At this point I can see McDonald playing even deeper in central midfield.

I thought this too, it gives me the fear man.

ANOTHER striker. Utterly bizarre.

It did seem strange, surely there were other positions that needed strengthening before the deadline closes? I reckon Baraclough has a vision of building a team of ten strikers with the motto, attack is the best form of defence . Anyone know a goalkeeper we could sign, who at some point has played up front? :biggrin:

A Tweet from Flow on the amount of strikers that Baraclough had in mind...

saw that earlier. at the very least that would suggest the Robinson signing is budgeted for and the upshot is that we have the same number of strikers as last season (not including Moore who's on loan and whose wage will likely be covered by Ayr.)

agree with everyone else that we're likely to see one of the 5 as somewhat superfluous, the Bob McHugh role if you will, and there's a valid argument that that wage would be better allocated to whatever package we're offering the midfield targets we're looking at. McHugh only made 4 appearances last season IIRC.

all said and done Flow also confirms that we're looking to address the midfield positions so at least it's been made clear that Robinson's arrival doesn't prohibit bringing in a player in that position.

With Flow's latest tweets about new signings and how many the manager wanted in each position, I think it's fair to say that we won't be sacking him any time soon.

Best case scenario is a convincing win today (with a performance to go with it) and to sign a couple of decent players in the international break.

I think a big key to this season will be forcing Marv, Lionel and skippy to fight for their place. If all three are sharp then we'll be more than fine. Thomas making a claim for a regular spot really helps here.

I assume that our 2 remaining signings will be a midfielder and a right back.

I think a big key to this season will be forcing Marv, Lionel and skippy to fight for their place. If all three are sharp then we'll be more than fine. Thomas making a claim for a regular spot really helps here.

I assume that our 2 remaining signings will be a midfielder and a right back.

On today's evidence there is only 1 winner there Skippy and Johnson were pish

Still utterly baffled by the signing of Robinson...we now have 5 strikers in the squad, we play our best one in midfield to try and protect our weaklink midfield, we only ever play one up front. Had Fletcher been injury free today, we'd have had a bench with 3 experienced strikers in its number. Robinson might be absolutely dynamite, but I still don't understand it at all because he will either be warming the bench or keeping Moult and Fletcher kicking their heels.

• Like 1