2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

I like the look of him but his contract bothers me.

We have bought, Fletcher and Moult with the hope/intention of them playing well to then be a sellable asset. Robinson seems to have come to the club to play well and move on for free. We already have Skippy on that kind of deal. Robinson may be a better player than Moult and Fletcher, and we need goals, but I still don't think he should be starting ahead of them as they are on longer contracts and need game time to boost their value.

I actually think Moult looks the pick of the strikers we have at the club. Scores goals and link up play is good. Should be a question of who partners him. Could he and Fletcher work as a pair? Sadly don't think we'll get to find out as I feel as if Baraclough's thinking is McDonald and A N Other.
  • Like 1

As for being 'on budget' this season it's obviously a speculate to accumulate type cash injection. This seasons budget is not actually sustainable over a longer period and has risks attached.

Like Fergus McCann, Hutchinson will walk away with all his money and more at the end of the day. Whether the club is better off remains to be seen but we are going to have to improve a hell of a lot on the pitch for that to become any kind of possible reality.

As for being 'on budget' this season it's obviously a speculate to accumulate type cash injection. This seasons budget is not actually sustainable over a longer period and has risks attached.

Like Fergus McCann, Hutchinson will walk away with all his money and more at the end of the day. Whether the club is better off remains to be seen but we are going to have to improve a hell of a lot on the pitch for that to become any kind of possible reality.

How will he walk away with more? Do tell.

Simple. If the Well Society only repays to him say £500k of the £1million he has injected then he doesn't require to transfer the club to them after 5 years since they have not repaid him in full. He is then free to sell it for whatever he can get. So if he sells it for £1million he has made £500k.

I can smell paranoia here?

Is it a conspiracy ?

A cunning plan based on the hordes of wealthy guys queuing up to offer a million for the club?

Why wouldn't they just do that now then?

Nonsense. Transparently clear Les is not looking to make money, it's philanthropy, he's looking for his capital to be returned, without interest. Talk about biting the hand that feeds.

Turn your sights on the guys underperforming on the park . If they turn things round;

- we climb the league

- we take in transfer fees

- Les gets repaid

- we reinvest

Paranoia. Conspiracy. I'm afraid that only exists in your imagination.

I answered superward's question. You have singularly failed to respond to the detail of that. I made no comment on whether I agreed or otherwise with what Les is doing. As Les is fond of saying 'it's a hand up not a hand out'. If we don't step up and meet his conditions then we have no one to blame except ourselves and he will as he has said do what we he needs to recover his money

You are extremely naive if you think at that point he won't seek to make a profit.

Paranoia. Conspiracy. I'm afraid that only exists in your imagination.

I answered superward's question. You have singularly failed to respond to the detail of that. I made no comment on whether I agreed or otherwise with what Les is doing. As Les is fond of saying 'it's a hand up not a hand out'. If we don't step up and meet his conditions then we have no one to blame except ourselves and he will as he has said do what we he needs to recover his money

You are extremely naive if you think at that point he won't seek to make a profit.

I am the greatest of cynics , but I can see a native of these parts, having been ill and seeking to leave a legacy for the place of his birth. A man who has drilled down into every minute detail of the club and is assisting in many areas in turning it into a fit-for-purpose 21st Century business.

He hasn't just lobbed money into a jar and said "I'll be back for that in 5 years, don't f#ck it up"

Seemed clear the previous well - intentioned set up was an exercise in survival , minimum staff doing a huge range of tasks. Spread too thin too allow it to do anything other than scrape by, making a loss. A slow withering descent into a part time club in the lower reaches seemed almost inevitable

A new plan, which will doubtless adapt ad we move along, I'll run with that

Your apocalyptic forecast seems strangely bleak.

So what's your Plan B?

Aye, if nothing else, thanks to the new structures being put in place on the business and the managemenr side, even if the club fails to repay Les, it should be a more attractive option to investors.

The real test will come around next season when we see if we have any saleable assets.

Simple. If the Well Society only repays to him say £500k of the £1million he has injected then he doesn't require to transfer the club to them after 5 years since they have not repaid him in full. He is then free to sell it for whatever he can get. So if he sells it for £1million he has made £500k.

I 100% dont believe that will happen. Pin this post and we will revisit it in 5 years.

If anything he would sell his shares for what he is owed. If someone was prepared to pay more than that for some reason... he wouldnt waste his reputation and standing to run back to his beach for a few hundred thousand pounds.

Everyone seems to just accept that the Well Society are the ones who have the responsibility for paying the debt. Surely it is the Football club who are first in line for the repayment. The Society are only a back-up but it appears that they and most fans have accepted that the Club will not be in a position to pay all or part of the amount due.

The best scenario is surely that the Society only need to pay £1 for the shares, with MFC clearing their own debt. I understood that all the background revamp was about returning the Football Club to profitability on a yearly basis, ideally assisted by transfer fees. I don't know, but I think it would be a definite possibility that Mr Hutchison would show some patience time wise if the Club was returning profits and on the way to surviving in it's own right.

I guess there are two separate aspects - 1. The return to profitability of MFC on an annual basis and 2. The growth of the Well Society (which Les sees as an indication of fan commitment). Repayment can be from either source but 1. is the best option. In fact, if the Club is not trading profitably before the Well Society takes over, then how long will it survive after that given that there would not be a sizeable back up fund.

That is why I feel an indication that the Club is on track with the projections which must have been made at the very start would assist the Society in recruiting Members. Just imagine, Debt repaid, Trading Profitably and substantial funds in The WS coffers as a fall back.

• Like 1

They don't? Definitely arrived prior to the Accies match as I seen them being collected at Edinburgh airport that very morning. Fella collecting them definitely had club colours on.

Perhaps they've been kidnapped by Bara? Seriously though, if they had arrived then I'm sure we would have heard about them at training, or at least heard their names!

They say you should never go back, but I'd invite him back - he'd be better than some of our strike options

http://m.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/13791358.Frustrated_Lee_Erwin_ready_for_Leeds_United_loan_move_after_switch_from_Motherwell/

Could we afford him?

No. The last thing we need is another striker. Particularly as Moult and Fletcher have scored goals..
  • Like 1