2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

Really hope that's not true. Offers something different and a bit more quality than Johnson. Not sure my heart can take losing Lionel and Vigurs in the space of a year either.

How will you cope when we offload Moult in the summer?

I'll be quite dissapointed if he goes. When he's on form, he's a major weapon for us, also a handy sub. If Marvin gets injured and Lionel is offski, we will have lost some major pace from that team.

Saying that, i would really like Dom to get more of a shot. This might be his opportunity

• Like 1

If Ainsworth goes, I hope itsn't for sweeties. Okay, we are all selling clubs in the SPFL, but when you look at what is paid for players down south, some of the fees we attract are bordering on the insulting. He has to be worth at least £300k. Always been inconsistent but a genuine game changer when in the mood. I will be sorry to see him go.

Financially, we do need to trim the budget.

If we do stick to our model, we'll need to get used to seeing one or two good players being moved on every season. As long as our scouting system can continue to find players like Moult, it might not be a bad thing having fresh talent come in on a regular basis.

Our model is to sell players so if he goes and we get a good deal (which we should with 18 months to go) then so be it.

Been a great player for us and would be in the future but we are a selling club and given his age and contract situation this might be the perfect time.

If nothing else, it's a (probably fairly hefty) wage to be used elsewhere. I'm a big fan of Lionel and would be pretty disappointed if he were to leave, but given the outlay we if in January (and again in the summer) I'd imagine we wouldn't be in a position to say no. There's a ready made slot for Thomas there, as McGhee doesn't seem to favour two out-and-out wingers, but it would be a big loss.

Still, if our much vaunted scouting system comes up with the goods again then I won't have too many complaints.

Ainsworth is unplayable on his day, but he's the stereotypical erratic winger. I'd happily take the money we'll get from the 18 months he has left on his contract.

To be honest I'd be happy to acquire another midfielder with more positional sense and look to farm Dom Thomas out on loan, he would develop better getting 90 minutes at a lower level every week

Agree with above.

Can't help make comparisons with Chris Humphrey.

Ainsworth has a good bit more to his game,goals for starters and a bit more game awareness, but despite being better on most levels, I felt even in his worst games Humphrey offered something (even if it was just an out ball), whereas when Ainsworth doesn't show up, which is fairly regularly, he's a complete waste of a jersey.

I like him, but if we got a decent fee for him (£150-200k?), all the best to him.

If Ainsworth's move turns out be true and Dom Thomas goes out on loan, as I would expect him to, then we will need to bring in another wide man. That said I expect a few fringe players to depart and that may make room for us to bolster our defence and midfield.

Would be gutted to see Ainsworth go. A regular match winner who's consistency and work ethic have been largely excellent in the last year.

However, McGhee's shift in formation and love for Marvin may have prompted Ainsworth to consider his future; particularly when he was subbed at Parkhead after coming on at half time and changing the game.

Regarding Dom Thomas, he didn't make bench either.

I love Lionel, but we can't have one of our highest earners (I would assume due to the recent new contract off the heels of his huge contribution on keeping us up) being an erratic bench player. I'm guessing this will be more about trimming the wage bill, but there should be some sort of fee.

I am hoping that we use this window to undo some of the unnecessary moves from the summer. I'd consider extending Lionel as one of them since we had Thomas in the wings and were touting ourselves as a club that develops youngsters.

I'll be pretty sad to see Ainsworth go, he is unplayable when he's on form, and he's the best striker of the ball that we have. However, I'd take Chris Humphrey in the starting line-up every week over Ainsworth, Humphrey ran himself into the ground every single week and provided good cover at the back. Ainsworth is a great out ball, but provides Josh Law zero cover, which results on a two on one situation nearly every time.

On the flip-side, it offers Dom Thomas a chance to really make his mark on the first team.

Anyone feel we need more height in the defensive midfield area? Lasley and grimshaw both small

What we really need is a playmaker with tracking back abilities in the centre of the park persons good but would be nice to have someone who offers more of that creative attacking midfielder in the centre of the park

Rather than playing out to the wing all the time would really make us more of a threat

and as far as defence goes maybe a fullback other than that happy with the team we've got

Anyone feel we need more height in the defensive midfield area? Lasley and grimshaw both small

Yes, although a physically big guy would be more important. Someone able to withstand a solid challenge and capable of flattening an opponent fairly. Good players who fit that bill don't come cheap though. To some extent though Pearo fits that bill, although he's not defensive.