2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

As per our business plan, we should be looking to sell one player on this season. Not saying that is Ainsworth, but someone of that profile makes sense i.e. something to offer and with decent period left on his contract.

In that case only Marv comes to mind, but I genuinely hope thats not the case.

On a complete different note and obviously unconfirmed rumour... We are after Nicky Law... Has anyone heard that too? I suspect someone talking BS though ;)

As per our business plan, we should be looking to sell one player on this season. Not saying that is Ainsworth, but someone of that profile makes sense i.e. something to offer and with decent period left on his contract.

We are still due money from Jamie Murphy's move to Brighton as its being paid in installments.

On a complete different note and obviously unconfirmed rumour... We are after Nicky Law... Has anyone heard that too? I suspect someone talking BS though ;)

Can't see him walking from Rangers with 6 months on his contract. He'd be halfing his wages (at least!).

Can't see him walking from Rangers with 6 months on his contract. He'd be halfing his wages (at least!).

He has also started to look like a different player under Warburton if you read some of the comments on twitter and reports in the press. Can't see it happening.

He's wanted off the wage bill... Tick Tock.

Aye, it's funny to hear about a 30 million transfer budget in one breath and watch them bring in players from League One in another. They are obviously trying to slash their wage bill, and guys like Law must be part of the problem. The only disappointing part is, after years of spewing around needless cash, this new strategy is probably the right one.

We are still due money from Jamie Murphy's move to Brighton as its being paid in installments.

That was certainly an unexpected bonus, but I still expect to see one of our decent in-contract players be sold this season. Guys like Johnson, Moult, Fletcher and Laing are part of our "develop and move on" strategy I'm sure. The key will be to continue finding more guys like that we can develop.

If he does come it will surely be on the basis that it's a deal to the end of the season and we pay part his wages and Rangers cover the rest (he maybe even gives up a bit to put himself in the shop window).

That's what they tried to do with Shiels last January without any takers.

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2016/01/05/reported-aberdeen-dundee-motherwell-target-nathan-austin-cool-on-future-but-wants-a-crack-at-full-time-football/

That lad Nathan Austin that gave quite a showing of himself in the league cup game against East Fife earlier in season, and sitting on 15 this season, linked with us - among many others it would seem. Would happily take him if we could get Robinson off the books, or even loan him back out for rest of season. Definitely one for the future anyway!

i was really impressed with austin when we played east fife,i hope we are after him as he's the type of player we should be taking a chance on rather than bringing the likes of robinson and even clarkson to the club.

That was certainly an unexpected bonus, but I still expect to see one of our decent in-contract players be sold this season. Guys like Johnson, Moult, Fletcher and Laing are part of our "develop and move on" strategy I'm sure. The key will be to continue finding more guys like that we can develop.

Could probably rule out the two that can't get a game.

Dylan Mackin and David Ferguson have joined Airdrie on development loans.

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2016/01/06/young-duo-join-airdrie-on-loan/

A Thistle supporting pal of mine was just saying that Airdrie did their lad Liam Lindsay the power of good in his loan last season. He's now a fixture in Thistle's first team. Hopefully the competitive games can help Mackin and Ferguson push on.

Could probably rule out the two that can't get a game.

Definitely not in the short term, but it wouldn't surprise me to see either or both feature more next season - especially if McGhee still fancies developing Laing as a midfielder. I think there is also a good chance Moult could be sold on in the summer or the next January window opening up a slot for another striker.