2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

I thought Pollock was quite a talented player when I watched him.

He is a terrific footballer. He played very briefly for a team I was involved in a year and a bit ago but left to have another stab at senior football, which, frankly, is the level he should be playing at. But for some reason or another it's not worked out for him which is a shame cause he's got the talent and he's s decent person in to the bargain

Very odd. Falkirk paying a transfer fee? Quite a few bigger clubs are watching the lad and I'd be shocked if he chose Falkirk. Either that or there's something about the player we don't know.

Very odd. Falkirk paying a transfer fee? Quite a few bigger clubs are watching the lad and I'd be shocked if he chose Falkirk. Either that or there's something about the player we don't know.

Falkirk may be on the verge of selling one of their own prospects so will have some cash to spend. They also may have offered East Fife a larger sell on percentage but a smaller initial fee.

As for why he'd choose Falkirk? More chance of playing regular football may be a factor...

He is a terrific footballer. He played very briefly for a team I was involved in a year and a bit ago but left to have another stab at senior football, which, frankly, is the level he should be playing at. But for some reason or another it's not worked out for him which is a shame cause he's got the talent and he's s decent person in to the bargain

Without being harsh, and my mind may be playing tricks, but was he not about 4ft tall and 6 stone dripping wet?

Does MM's squad selection at Tynecastle indicate who is heading out the door? When it was known beforehand we had limited options in central midfield, and we would be defending against a strong, physical side, McGhee ignored Jack Leith, Craig Reid, Keiran Kennedy and Luke Watt. All have their limitations, but given the circumstances, could have offered something against Hearts.

Does MM's squad selection at Tynecastle indicate who is heading out the door? When it was known beforehand we had limited options in central midfield, and we would be defending against a strong, physical side, McGhee ignored Jack Leith, Craig Reid, Keiran Kennedy and Luke Watt. All have their limitations, but given the circumstances, could have offered something against Hearts.

It might do. I suspect Leitch and Reid are almost certainly away. Watt has appeared on the bench once or twice lately so who knows. Kennedy has had one bad game and paid the penalty for that. There are also others like Law and Chalmers whose days may be numbered.

It might do. I suspect Leitch and Reid are almost certainly away. Watt has appeared on the bench once or twice lately so who knows. Kennedy has had one bad game and paid the penalty for that. There are also others like Law and Chalmers whose days may be numbered.

I think Law has done well enough at right back this year not to be punted, but please never again at centre midfield. Reid will hopefully go along with Twardzik, and Robinson if we can find someone willing to pay even a part of their wages before the end of the season.

I think that we will have to wait to the summer to see what happens with Chalmers, Watt, Leitch, Kennedy and a few others.

I don't know if you can surmise that Law's days are numbered given he's played every game under McGhee and frankly been one of our more consistent performers.

I'm one of those that would like to see Watt get a chance but frankly Law has done very little to justify any talk of dropping him.

Chalmers hasn't looked the part but his only real run of games came at left midfield when the team weren't playing that well. Wouldn't write him off just yet. Given most last season thought Josh Law would never make a regular SPL footballer, there may be potential for him to develop as Law has.

Leitch, I feel sorry for. He's had some good games and some bad games in the first team but never really been given a run of games to try and find consistency. Stuart McCall was by nature a conservative manager when it came to giving young players a chance so whenever things went wrong, he went back to the tried and trusted experienced players. Which worked out in terms of league position but not in terms of developing young players.

I think we'll do a bit of business in this window but not as much as we'd like. Probably more departures than arrivals...

I quote an excellent post from Crosshillwell on another thread. "Spare a little thought for the fact that despite McCall and Barraclough in charge, the latter of which had more resources than any other manager since McLeish and who had signed many players, we have not replaced an aging Lasley in the middle of the park. Effectively, since McGee was last in charge we haven't looked at any long term replacement or adequate cover in the middle of the park. "

Bad decisions yesterday aside, Mark McGhee was left a very poor "central midfield" hand by both McCall and Baraclough. Our engine room has been the weakest part of the team for a good few years now and very little has been done to address it. We all know Keith Lasley is getting on and needs a replacement and it beggars belief that this situation has been allowed to continue unaddressed. If it wasn't a priority before it sure as hell is now.

• Like 1