2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

How many minutes did grabban play? If I remember rightly we were playing pretty well and were settled so didn't get much of a sniff

I looked at it last week when I thought people were unfairly decrying him shite. He played 59 minutes over six sub appearances, three of which he came on in injury time. The longest he was ever on for was half an hour.

I thought he (ZFA) had some really good games for us. I think the problem was finding a position for him? Would probably be a good left wing back in a 5 man defence....

Remember him playing a stormer at tannadice in a midweek game we won 2-0 (maybe 2-1? We scored with our 1st 2 ventures over the halfway line...), Jon Daly tried to play on their right and bully him, but he stood up to it well.

ZFA, I felt, was to use the phrase "all sugar or all shite". On occasions, he'd look like a real prospect. On others, he had a Straker-like tendency to look like it was the first time he'd seen a football. Very few games that were so-so. Sadly we need players who are consistent. If he could find that level of consistency, he did have some of the tools to develop into a decent player...

• Like 1

People tend to forget he was 19 when he made his first team debut. Consistency is often what is lacking at that age, especially when you play for a team that changes your position most weeks or wants you to be the "impact sub".

For all that, letting him go was the correct decision at the time, but be interesting to see if he does manage to attain that necessary level of consistency.

I always liked wee ZFA, thought he was a tidy player. He was young and made mistakes at times and his final 2yrs under McCall he didn't get a run of games to show what he could do, playing 1 game in 5 or getting 20mins here and there is no use.

His confidence suffered as well running up and down the wing next to the east stand pele's bellowing shite at him!!!

Good luck to the wee guy.

IIRC, the Daily Mail tend to be on the money with Motherwell stories, certainly since Les arrived.

Given the billions of pounds that is about to flood the English Premier League, I'd except nothing less than a £1mil. Marvin was quick to sign a new contract though so wouldn't be surprised if there is a release clause.

Off topic, but Les and wife have just gifted (not loaned) 600k to bothwell parish church for its restoration. So they can't need his money he input to us back that quickly and therefore we should be negotiating for more here from Bournemouth. Add in his a key player with over 2 years to go and 400k should be a non starter.