2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

Any time I've seen him play for United he's dived all over the penalty box - not a trait we want to encourage at Fir Park.

Aye, I'm really glad Fletcher stayed on his feet and stumbled around the box at Tynecastle. I had a wee smile thinking "I'm glad our players are completely honest, and don't dive".

Scotsman....grain of salt time...

‘Well braced for Johnson bid

BOURNEMOUTH are preparing a bid for Motherwell winger Marvin Johnson, believed to be in the region of £1 million.

The former Kidderminster star has made over 30 appearances for Motherwell but could be tempted by the English Premier League. (Various)

Read more: http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/rumour-mill-italians-eye-malonga-leeds-bid-for-diagouraga-accepted-bbc-s-rangers-boycott-1-4008124#ixzz3xzFkiqdv
Follow us: @TheScotsman on Twitter | TheScotsmanNewspaper on Facebook

Scotsman....grain of salt time...

Well braced for Johnson bid

BOURNEMOUTH are preparing a bid for Motherwell winger Marvin Johnson, believed to be in the region of £1 million.

The former Kidderminster star has made over 30 appearances for Motherwell but could be tempted by the English Premier League. (Various)

Read more: http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/rumour-mill-italians-eye-malonga-leeds-bid-for-diagouraga-accepted-bbc-s-rangers-boycott-1-4008124#ixzz3xzFkiqdv

Follow us: @TheScotsman on Twitter | TheScotsmanNewspaper on Facebook

If it happens...For 10 good games in a Motherwell shirt, turn a £150k investment into £1M is job well done. Reinvest in another 2 or 3 from the scouting list and pay off some debts.

Earlier in the thread it was mentioned that teams in the EPL will receive an average in excess of £10m for every league game played next season. if that's true then even paying £1m could be a punt worth taking from their point of view. On his day Marvin can tear teams apart....the problem being consistency. I'm pretty sure his agent could put together a pretty good DVD making Marvin look like a worldbeater. Looking at the way Bournemouth like to play, Marvin could fit into their system fairly easily. And if it did not work out, I'm pretty sure he could easily find another club in the Championship or Div 1.

Smaller EPL clubs are willing to gamble relatively small sums in the hope of unearthing a gem. For instance, Mahrez only cost Leicester £400k and could be on his way to Man Utd for upwards of £20m.

To a degree it would be the same on us taking a £50k punt on an unknown from Kidderminster.

And if we were to get an offer remotely approaching £1m there really is no option but to accept it.

I was thinking Motherwell sources leaked the 'story' given its the Daily Mail.

i think the message has been clear since McGhee came in that we have an asset in Marvin who was in danger of going wayward. We must therefore look to maximise his value in the relative short term.

In the meantime Ainsworth is shunned to the side despite sharing similar weaknesses to Johnson.

I agree with parts of what you said but I think Johnson is a much better player tha ainsworth