2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

However if he was of an upper Premiership standard you'd have thought the likes of Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen or Dundee United would have snapped him up but they never have. So that tells us something.

Tells us he'd rather play for a team that, last season aside, has probably been more consistent than the lot of them.

Good luck to Dan, it'll be interesting to see where he ends up.

McCall signing him on a two year deal and installing him as number one was the first sign he had lost the plot.

Was certainly a lazy signing at best.

Good luck to Dan, it'll be interesting to see where he ends up.

McCall signing him on a two year deal and installing him as number one was the first sign he had lost the plot.

McCall left all goalkeeping decisions to Gordon Marshall apparently so he has to shoulder the blame for that one.

Always felt that Twardzik was slightly unlucky , never really done that much wrong . That said, he's never going to get in the team ahead of Ripley, so it's probably better that he leaves.

Taking the length of his spell into account, Hammell is probably the best player I've seen for Motherwell btw.

Imagine that's a half decent wage that we're saving now.

Good luck to the boy, will always have a soft spot for him due to his influence during his loan spell.

+ 1 was very good with his feet during those games his distribution was excellent and 15 points unbeaten and never lost a goal at FP,shame his return was not as good

Unfortunately will be remembered as part of the trio of worst keepers I have seen play for us

• Like 1

+ 1 was very good with his feet during those games his distribution was excellent and 15 points unbeaten and never lost a goal at FP,shame his return was not as good

The problem was everybody jumping on the bandwagon giving him too much credit for that run. I said at the time there was a lot more to it than bringing him in on loan. There were many factors in play, not least of which was Faddy hitting a bit of form at that time.

He's not a terrible keeper, but I think some people's blind hatred of our other 2 keepers at the time elevated him (in their eyes) to some sort of Randolph-esque status.

(and he lies about his height).

A decent keeper with better than average distribution

Sadly 6 foot isn't tall enough, and he's just not big framed enough for the rigours of the SPL.

That's another wage back in the war chest anyway

Fair comment. Many of us suspected that he might be shifted on during the transfer window. As you say it'll save a wage albeit that he'll receive some compensation.

Again, like Robinson, best for Twardzik and us. He isn't playing, won't likely play and we need to create some space on the wage bill (whether that is a full wage or a % due to compensation).

Spoke to him hospitality at the Thistle home game and it was clear he wasn't happy and wanted to be playing which was fair enough. Nice guy and definitely not 6 foot!

Are folk really having a go at Hammell here? Have you seen what state we've ended up in when he's been unavailable to us? Straker, Chalmers, etc. Jesus fuck. Hammell is a modern day Joe Wark. Loves the club, brilliant for this level, wonderfully consistent and should probably have got caps and/or a bigger move.

• Like 6

Good luck to Dan. Certainly not the worst goalkeeper we have seen at Fir Park. Be interesting who we manage to bring in to replace Ripley in the summer. Craig Samson would probably deserve a crack at the job, but he has never really impressed me at St Mirren or Killie.

As others have said, Reid is probably the next squad member to be deemed surplus to requirements. Then hopefully get someone in that can add a bit of much needed dig in midfield.

I watched that Stjarnan goal on P&B there. I was at that game and have been living in blissful ignorance that it was a stoater that put us out, and that the keeper had no chance.

Dan can go away.

Sorry about that.

Reid and David Clarkson will hopefully be shipped out. Wouldn't be upset if we could offload Ainsworth for a fee.

With Robinson gone I would keep Clarkson as cover but probably not renew. If we don't we are only left with Moult, McDonald and Fletcher. Which isn't enough with Mackin and Moor out on loan.

Reid and David Clarkson will hopefully be shipped out. Wouldn't be upset if we could offload Ainsworth for a fee.

Reid, I can see, Clarkson not so much. Remember Faddy's deal is up on Saturday, Moore is at Ayr for the season and Mackin at Airdrie. That would only leave us chocolate Fletcher as back up for Skippy and Moult.

As for Dan, sad to see him go. Won't impact our season at all but he has been treated harshly here I think, whilst conceding he did have flaws and mistakes. The defence last season caused him far more problems than he caused them and he kept us in some games single handedly.

I'm astounded at the criticism of Hammell.

He is a rare commodity, a player who is a left back to trade, who gives a natural balance to a back four. He doesn't flap under pressure , contributes in attack. For a relatively short guy, he wins a ridiculous amount of headers.

He's never been world class, but he is worthy custodian of the the magical number 3 jersey.

Clearly he has adapted his game as he's got older, but if you're looking to apportion faults in our defence I think he has many more pluses than minuses.

this

Reid, I can see, Clarkson not so much. Remember Faddy's deal is up on Saturday, Moore is at Ayr for the season and Mackin at Airdrie. That would only leave us chocolate Fletcher as back up for Skippy and Moult.

As for Dan, sad to see him go. Won't impact our season at all but he has been treated harshly here I think, whilst conceding he did have flaws and mistakes. The defence last season caused him far more problems than he caused them and he kept us in some games single handedly.

When Hollis and Nielsen were behind that same defence, they were being criticized for not being good enough to organize them.

• Like 1

Dan was not rated by four managers. Brown and Hartley at Dundee did not play him. One of the first things Baraclough did was replace him. McGhee even signed a new back up in Samson. His time was clearly up. Good luck to him but he was not good enough for the SPL.