2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

Dan was not rated by four managers. Brown and Hartley at Dundee did not play him. One of the first things Baraclough did was replace him. McGhee even signed a new back up in Samson. His time was clearly up. Good luck to him but he was not good enough for the SPL.

Baraclough signed Samson...

It's nice to see the Hammy fan club out in force. His unerring inability to be able to find a Motherwell player with his passing, let alone with his crossing and the vast unoccupied space left in our our left back channel by his inevitable continual drifting into the middle of the park are not what I would deem the attributes of even a half decent left back. Still I for one will not miss his constant disappearing into his pulled up jersey act after yet another error.

His 'performance' at Tynecastle highlighted fully his limitations. The sooner we get a proper replacement the better.

It's nice to see the Hammy fan club out in force. His unerring inability to be able to find a Motherwell player with his passing, let alone with his crossing and the vast unoccupied space left in our our left back channel by his inevitable continual drifting into the middle of the park are not what I would deem the attributes of even a half decent left back. Still I for one will not miss his constant disappearing into his pulled up jersey act after yet another error.

His 'performance' at Tynecastle highlighted fully his limitations. The sooner we get a proper replacement the better.

An epic piece of prose, my man.

You're seeing a whole team of shrinks,aren't you?

Or, and this is just a guess, are you Tony Straker in disguise?

• Like 1

This must be a piss take so I won't bite.

Dan was not rated by four managers. Brown and Hartley at Dundee did not play him. One of the first things Baraclough did was replace him. McGhee even signed a new back up in Samson. His time was clearly up. Good luck to him but he was not good enough for the SPL.

Don't disagree with the point in general but Baraclough didn't bring Long in until the last day of the winter transfer window. With Baraclough arriving mid-December that was 7 games he ran with Dan before bringing in a replacement. It's not as if he was binned as soon as he walked in the door. Granted his other option was Neilsen but still...the narrative seems to be that Baraclough didn't give him a chance. He got 7 games and one of those was his absolute nightmare in the 4-1 at Dens.

Good luck to him and everything, he did us a turn and seems like a decent enough guy but ultimately there was probably a reason why he was 3rd choice at Dundee.

Funny you should say that when reading through the discussion wondered how long it would be before you took the opportunity to re-emerge to have a pop. Irresistible as I suspected.

I watched that Stjarnan goal on P&B there. I was at that game and have been living in blissful ignorance that it was a stoater that put us out, and that the keeper had no chance.

Dan can go away.

I was there too, and my rage post-match was split evenly between Dan and Vigurs. This hasn't changed.

• Like 1

Are you joe Chalmers? Has to be a windup

Dan had his limitations but he did us a turn when he first turned up under Stuart McCall. Some crazy keepie uppie nonsense in the 5-1 game at Firhill will never be forgotten. Hope he gets the move he aspires too.

As for us, it is clear McGhee is freeing up wages to try and get a couple more in.

Always felt that Twardzik was slightly unlucky , never really done that much wrong . That said, he's never going to get in the team ahead of Ripley, so it's probably better that he leaves.

Taking the length of his spell into account, Hammell is probably the best player I've seen for Motherwell btw.

Never really done that much wrong.......apart from put us out of e Europa cup, throw the ball in the net v Aberdeen and Dundee.....good luck to the boy but every boss can't be wrong

Would anyone take the boy Steven Lawless of Partick Thistle, I know we released him before and there is talk of Dundee utd being interested in him just now. As he is out of contract could be worth getting him on a pre contract for the summer.

Deary me... MUST TRY HARDER