2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

I think we'll get 2 signings in on deadline day, when clubs know who's going to be their deadwood. All about being patient. Right player at the right time.

You're probably right

However the nightmare scenario is that someone comes in at the last gasp and steals one or two of our "stars" in which case we could end up seriously f*cked with no time to recruit.

"Don't panic, Mister Mannering!"

However the nightmare scenario is that someone comes in at the last gasp and steals one or two of our "stars" in which case we could end up seriously f*cked with no time to recruit.

"Don't panic, Mister Mannering!"

I suspect we'll some late activity. Yes, last minute steals can and have happened but I believe the club usually draws up a list of targets for each position the manager wants to fill. Its just a case then of working our way through them - maybe at the last minute if we are gazumped.

Nobody even got any rumours of players in? Usually a few on here 'in the know'

Look back to last January and you'll see that these signings tend to come out of nowhere, whereas in the summer there tends to be more in the way of rumours due to there being more time. Also the communication from the GM was that we had to clear out first, then we'll be wheeling and dealing.

Hopefully 2 arrivals only.

The massive squad has done us no favours on and off the park over the last year.

Presumably centre midfield and right back? If its right back we have to decide if its to replace Josh Law or to deputise for him. If we aim to sign more than one this month, I'd rather invest in 2 quality ones than in 3 "ok" ones. In the medium term we also need a left back.

We won't sign a rightback.

There are about 5 players at the club who can play there

Yep, I would agree. We have Law, Kennedy and Watt off the bat. Reid in emergencies. Also McMillan who is doing well in the U20s. Not a priority

For me I would like to see a couple of midfielders in to give us options. One in the hard working tackling mould and maybe another more creative wide man type player who could also play left back like....yhe latter will be easy to find!

I do wonder if McGhee will bring in any further back up up front given we only have Fletcher now. Or maybe he sees Faddy staying and or using Johnson and Ainsworth etc as secondary strikers.

We won't sign a rightback.

There are about 5 players at the club who can play there

It depends if Mark McGhee rates of any of them though. Lets see who have we got? Josh Law (first choice but just ok); Kieran Kennedy (largely untested but didn't play well there last week); Craig Reid (totally out of favour); Luke Watt (a right back but not ready yet in the boss's eyes); Stevie Hammell (not a right back). You may well be right time will tell. If we sign 2 or more players and none is a right back it'll be interesting which positions are targetted.

Thought Kennedy did fine. You won't get a full back performance out of him. But he did fine defensively.

Also, apparently Reid picked up a knock on return from St Mirren. Which explains why he played an U20 game then dropped completely from sight. He is a hard worker which McGhee does like to see. So wouldn't be at all surprised to see him feature.

Reid strikes me as the type of player that McGhee could maybe do something with so it wouldn't surprise me either. Or he's already made his mind up to try and move him on. The one thing that would surprise me would be if we just held on to him and didn't use him at all (unless injury means he does nothing).

As for signings, McGhee said in his post match interview that he's looking to strengthen the team, not the bench, so I'm hoping for quality rather than quantity. Although if we are looking at loans that's a very difficult thing to get right.