2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

And out of Sky Sports News and Alan Burrows, who would you think has the greater knowledge (and interest) of when the transfer window closes in Scotland?

I would hope the GM (but then there was the Mike Grella affair) :whistling:

I have a funny feeling we won't do much today and will certainly not be paying a fee. Expect a loan and a freebie to come in, loan from down south, most likely another youngster from the premiership once they have concluded their business and know who they won't be needing.

This is pure speculation btw.

Also have a funny feeling we might see someone go out too, a last minute offer for Marv maybe.

Hopefully we can push the Tam Scobbie deal over the line. He can play in a few positions over defence and midfield, so it'll be good cover. With St. Johnstone losing in the semi-final, it should be all systems go for this deal now.

There is very rarely been a time when we not wanted to add a player or two but I'd hope we have one or two lined up for today or out of contract in the next few days.

Cadden coming in looks like he can do a turn and replace Grimshaw but that still leaves us in bother if Pearson or Lasley are missing so someone who can play that role still looks essential.

Also whilst between them they didn't do much in their time here if Robinson, Clarkson and McFadden have moved on then that only leaves Fletcher as competition and cover up front. Perhaps a sharper and fitter Craig Moore might be back but if not I'd hope for someone else in up front given how many games Fletcher has been fit for this season as well.

Also whilst between them they didn't do much in their time here if Robinson, Clarkson and McFadden have moved on then that only leaves Fletcher as competition and cover up front. Perhaps a sharper and fitter Craig Moore might be back but if not I'd hope for someone else in up front given how many games Fletcher has been fit for this season as well.

Moore's loan has been extended til the end of the season so I tend to agree that a striker might be a priority. Which sounds odd given we almost had too many strikers in the first half of the season, albeit not many of them produced...

Cadden coming in looks like he can do a turn and replace Grimshaw but that still leaves us in bother if Pearson or Lasley are missing so someone who can play that role still looks essential.

I've now less worries about Pearo being missing as young Cadden is developing nicely as his apprentice; early days though. Its more replacements for Grimshaw & Lasley we need. Grimshaw was never going to be the star of the show but did all the basic, unrewarding, dirty jobs very well and his absence is now affecting us. We need someone like him and aslo a mobile defensive midfielder along with a creative type .....but all that is asking a lot.

Not sure why Tam Scobbie's name has cropped up; hopefully only an unsubstantiated rumour.

Well barring having another lively looking youth prospect coming through this is now surely our second priority after beefing up the midfield options. I know what I'd take first mind, but get two in today that can do a job and I'll quietly confident we can kick on and finish the second half of the season pretty strongly.

I've now less worries about Pearo being missing as young Cadden is developing nicely as his apprentice; early days though. Its more replacements for Grimshaw & Lasley we need. Grimshaw was never going to be the star of the show but did all the basic, unrewarding, dirty jobs very well and his absence is now affecting us. We need someone like him and aslo a mobile defensive midfielder along with a creative type .....but all that is asking a lot.

Not sure why Tam Scobbie's name has cropped up; hopefully only an unsubstantiated rumour.

Well right now Dave it is Grimshaw that Cadden is filling in for and the early signs are good. In fullness of time he might well replace Pearson but right now he doing well with the grizzled duo right more in the thick of the battle beside him. I'd also suggest Grimshaw was increasingly becoming the star of the show before he sadly departed and was doing more than just the unglamourous side of the game although he certainly was doing that quite well. Reminded me of a young Keith Lasley so he did, maybe a bit more potential.

From the Twittersphere:

re Michael O'Halloran's possible move to #Rangers, hearing that Nicky Law going the other way to St Johnstone could be part of any deal

Not particularly related to us but rules out any notion that there may have been any chance he would be back with us.

Well right now Dave it is Grimshaw that Cadden is filling in for and the early signs are good. In fullness of time he might well replace Pearson but right now he doing well with the grizzled duo right more in the thick of the battle beside him. I'd also suggest Grimshaw was increasingly becoming the star of the show before he sadly departed and was doing more than just the unglamourous side of the game although he certainly was doing that quite well. Reminded me of a young Keith Lasley so he did, maybe a bit more potential.

In terms of names yes Cadden has replaced Grimshaw but I'm not quite sure who is filling in for who in terms of formation. Pearo seems to be playing far deeper than he was before Grimshaw's departure and his game is suffering for that. We lack his experienced support for the front players, but Cadden is shaping up nicely. Although he's passable, Pearo's strengths don't lie in defence. In short we have two decent box to box energetic types in Cadden and Pearson, an ageing all rounder in Keith Lasley but no defensive player or creative one. On Saturday in the second half we were crying out for a midfielder to show some determination and leadership and lead his colleagues out of the box; make purposeful blocks and tackles; fill gaps and spaces and close players down but that never really happened.

My memories of an early Keith Lasley were that he was a decent footballer but didn't appear to do very much. However on closer inspection he read the game exceedingly well and mopped up after others around him made the mistakes - a kind of quiet unassuming midfield sweeper. In those days he'd move to seemingly inexplicable positions and it was only after he'd intercepted a pass that I'd realise that he'd read an opponents mind. A lot of course was down to the type of colleague he played alongside - the midfield balance if you like.

In his latter days with us Grimshaw was a bit more eyecatching but he was excellent at closing players down, tackling and disrupting and harrying the opposition. He excelled at the unglamorous work. Often he couldn't prevent an opposing player from having a crack at goal but he'd make damn sure it was a rushed effort in which the player couldn't pick his spot.