2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

So you want a box-to-box, hard working, defensive, creative midfielder?

I'd settle just for creative right now, but they're in demand too.

A bit harsh Weeyin. Iain Vigurs will do the business if A) he keeps injury free B) he is given time and space to do as he wishes and C) he has hard working energetic colleagues around him to cover for him when the team is on the backfoot. Sometimes a player fits in at a club and sometimes he doesn't. He didn't have the right team around him when with us or during his first stint at Inverness. At Ross County and currently at Inverness he does.

That's kind of my point. I'd much rather have a Davie Cooper, Bobby Russell (or Vigurs) that never makes a tackle than another guy "with a good engine".

I thought Vigurs was just fine with us and would have been happy to see him stay. I'm in the "build team teams around your creative players" camp and don't care if they never put in a tackle.

Vigurs was a show-boating passenger, dogged by bad luck and with a propensity to basically jog round the centre circle while the game raged on around him. Please don't hold him up as some Pirlo-esque kind of genius.

I'm not saying Vigurs is some Pirlo-esque kind of genius, I'm saying he's scored the goals this season in a handful of appearances of Johnson, Ainsworth, Gomis, Lasley, Grimshaw and Cadden combined and has the technique and vision to do things other players in this league can't.

He was basically shunted out the club last season and no adequate replacement was acquired, showing up a rather shambolic transfer policy at the club that goes back through Baraclough and McCall.

The twist was Lawless, one of the best products of our youth development in the last 10 years, scoring the winner....for Partick.

The twist was Lawless, one of the best products of our youth development in the last 10 years, scoring the winner....for Partick.

If one of the best products of our youth development can only make the grade at Partick Thistle, then our youth development policy needs seriously revamped!

I'm not saying Vigurs is some Pirlo-esque kind of genius, I'm saying he's scored the goals this season in a handful of appearances of Johnson, Ainsworth, Gomis, Lasley, Grimshaw and Cadden combined and has the technique and vision to do things other players in this league can't.

He was basically shunted out the club last season and no adequate replacement was acquired, showing up a rather shambolic transfer policy at the club that goes back through Baraclough and McCall.

You don't half talk shite.

That's kind of my point. I'd much rather have a Davie Cooper, Bobby Russell (or Vigurs) that never makes a tackle than another guy "with a good engine".

Is Faddy not "that guy" and he's barely got off our bench.

Vigurs undoubtedly has talent, but for a number of reasons only showed it in brief flashes at Motherwell.

He's a poor mans Gary Harkins.

:P

Com on Busta you can do better than that I'm sure. Folk are quite entitled to discuss this if they so wish.

I completely agree and I would never stop folk from doing so! However these two particular targets have been done till death.

I am a firm believer in folk "finding their place". Vigurs never worked for us barring a few flashes. Good goal here, a great pass here there. He had very few good matches and even less great matches.

Lawless never got a sniff. went out and has settled in very well by all accounts. He wasn't getting near the team. ( I can only mind 1 appearance) He needed to go and learn elsewhere. If he stayed where he was he may have stagnated. Thistle could offer him a chance at first team football where he then progressed to a decent player.

It's been done, discussed till the cows come home. The fact a deflected shot went in last night doesn't mean Lawless is the one that got away.

• Like 2

Can we drop all this ex player chat vigurs, lawless etc and concentrate on the players who are at the club now. Personally i dont give a feck about what a player does or how he plays after he leaves the club. We have enough issues with our own players to worry about.