2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

On a completely different note, if accies go down, they'll need to cut the wage bill. We will have necessity for a keeper for next season....would Michael McGovern be someone we would want to see at fir park?

I think he is destined to go elsewhere.

If the prospect of Gomis long term came up, I wouldn't be too disappointed if we signed him, he clearly has something to offer.

I can see McGhee wanting to freshen up in a couple of positions but I think the emergence of Cadden and Hall this season has plugged two of the gaps I would have said needed looking at. Kennedy, if he pushes on, offers another option in the centre and at RB but there's probably a need for another right-sided defender (we all know the question marks over Law's role in the side).

A new striker, assuming Moore and Faddy are out of the picture, wouldn't do any harm, but I don't know enough about the U-20s to know whether there's anyone there looking to step up.

All told, we probably aren't going to see another whole-scale clearout this summer, despite what I've posted before on this subject. A full pre-season should have the squad ticking over nicely, and I suppose a lot will depend on whether Moult and Johnson are still here - a strong finish to the season from both of them and I'd be pleasantly surprised if they stayed around.

• Like 1

If the prospect of Gomis long term came up, I wouldn't be too disappointed if we signed him, he clearly has something to offer.

I can see McGhee wanting to freshen up in a couple of positions but I think the emergence of Cadden and Hall this season has plugged two of the gaps I would have said needed looking at. Kennedy, if he pushes on, offers another option in the centre and at RB but there's probably a need for another right-sided defender (we all know the question marks over Law's role in the side).

A new striker, assuming Moore and Faddy are out of the picture, wouldn't do any harm, but I don't know enough about the U-20s to know whether there's anyone there looking to step up.

All told, we probably aren't going to see another whole-scale clearout this summer, despite what I've posted before on this subject. A full pre-season should have the squad ticking over nicely, and I suppose a lot will depend on whether Moult and Johnson are still here - a strong finish to the season from both of them and I'd be pleasantly surprised if they stayed around.

We defo need another right back for next season. We need to replace Josh Law he isn't simply good enough for the top tier of Scottish Football. We should give Luke Watt a chance in the Right Back position since he could prove himself like Chris Cadden and Ben Hall.

• Like 1

I agree Luke Watt should get some game time but he has been a lot of this season for the under 20s as a centre half so perhaps the club see him there longer term. I have also heard the reason he hasnt played for the first team more so far is down to his attitude.

• Like 1

A full pre-season should have the squad ticking over nicely, and I suppose a lot will depend on whether Moult and Johnson are still here - a strong finish to the season from both of them and I'd be pleasantly surprised if they stayed around.

The great thing is, we've got these guys tied up, so if someone wants them they need to pay us, so I'd imagine if we brought in £300k for a player, we'd be willing to spend £100k if required to get a replacement....

Much better than the attitude of recent years, where the club appeared to be resigned to losing players without even trying to get them to stay, just letting them run down their contracts.

Yeah, definitely. For once we have assets on medium-long term contracts, so we would be assured of a good return if someone did want them.

As much as I love both of them, it's the model we need to be working to in the future. That, together with the continued development and sale of our younger players, should see us alright.

(Not that I want any of them to go anytime soon!)

Problem is he probably didn't think that "safe" would turn into a decent chance of fourth place! My guess is that the experiments will take a back seat now, as the difference in income from a top six to a bottom six finish could cover a couple of new players next year, or contract extensions.

TBF, Hall and Cadden have established themselves are regulars and Laing, Thomas, Leitch and Kennedy have recently been able to step up to good effect when required. If we can keep giving those guys game time over the next few weeks, I don't think it would harm our chances any.

i didn't think we would see any youngster's get much of a chance when mcghee came back but that's been proved wrong,too be honest i dont think it will matter where we are in the league if there's a youngster that mcghee think's deserve's a chance and can add something too the first team then he will put them in.hopefully with success we have had with hall and cadden in the first team every youngster should now be busting a gut too impress knowing they will get a chance.

If we sell either Moult or Marvin for near £300k I will be raging! Both on long deals, I would be expecting the club with the new policy in place to be looking for more than that.

Was just to illustrate a point, rather than a valuation.

I think Josh Law gets a really unwarranted bad press on this forum. He's not Cafu, but I think he's a steady right back who does a good job. I bet many other teams would like to have a right back on six assists.

• Like 3

I think Josh Law gets a really unwarranted bad press on this forum. He's not Cafu, but I think he's a steady right back who does a good job. I bet many other teams would like to have a right back on six assists.

I agree. Any time I've seen him he's been solid and unspectacular. Never really seen him look terrible.

Yup!

Everytime I think of Josh Law all I can picture is he running backwards but not blocking or tackling the guy with the ball

I agree with you there about Josh Law, he is a headless chicken but at least he is willing to play for the club unlike Ainsworth who in my opinion has had a horrible season under McGhee but at least he wasn't as bad for us on Saturday there against Aberdeen but still I preferred to see Ainsworth play under Baraclough.