2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

His Alfreton Town player profile has/had him listed as a right back: http://www.alfretontownfc.com/content/law,-josh-116.htm

It's also says he was a midfielder moved to right back and then back to midfield again. McCall played him in midfield to start with too.

Anyway, regardless, he isnt a good enough standard to be a first choice spfl premiership right back for me long term moving forward (even though he has played 50/60 games for us). Decent squad and cover player though.

I don't mind him, but he's a poor mans Tom Hately, a competent right back with aspirations of playing in midfield.

I sometimes believe McCall thought as he was Nicky Law's brother, he'd be the same player and that's why he played as an attacking midfielder early on.

law isn't the worst player going forward but his trouble is he lacks basic positional awareness too be a full back,he might make a decent enough right mid if he had a solid right back behind him that did the defending.

• Like 1

I think we have remember that Law has played in the sixth tier of English footbal his whole career. Moving to Motherwell was a huge step up in quality and to be fair to him he has done not too bad. I see him as a decent squad player.

You think of guys like Grehan who took the similar step up from the lower leagues in Scotland and it never worked out for him.

Yeah I would agree Johnstone.

For me he is one of those players in the middle. Probably better than a squad player, as such, but not quite good enough to be a long term first choice every week. Solid enough right back but not good enough to be first choice etc. If he could cut out the same positioning mistakes, or at least begin to I would probably change my mind on that.

Was reading tonight he had only really played futsal before signing for Dunfermline!

Aye, that's what the commentator mentioned during their cup game with Hibs. Maybe a new hunting ground for our scouting network.

That Faisal el bakhtaoui would be a real steal for us on a free got another 2 day already today and close up 30 this season

There is a big difference in the quality of the defending he would be up against from league 1 to the premiership, but i dont think another striker is what we need improving the midfield and defence are more of a priority.

Who knows what we'll need, Moult could be sold on for a decent fee in the summer. Given the hand to mouth existence we lead any time we do get a player banging in goals or standing out from the crowd as much as you want to keep them part of you is hoping for some seven figure transfer bid coming in.

Who knows what we'll need, Moult could be sold on for a decent fee in the summer. Given the hand to mouth existence we lead any time we do get a player banging in goals or standing out from the crowd as much as you want to keep them part of you is hoping for some seven figure transfer bid coming in.

Moult and McDonald is one of the best front twos in the league. Craig Moore has had a decent season at Ayr so you might see him given a chance next season, although I don't know off the top of my head when his contract is up. I can only really see us bring in a forward if Moult is sold.

Jordan White at Livingston scored in the win against Falkirk yesterday. He is in double figures for the second season on the trot for a struggling Livie team. Apparently we were looking at him last year. Who know we might still have an eye on him.

Moult and McDonald is one of the best front twos in the league. Craig Moore has had a decent season at Ayr so you might see him given a chance next season, although I don't know off the top of my head when his contract is up. I can only really see us bring in a forward if Moult is sold.

Jordan White at Livingston scored in the win against Falkirk yesterday. He is in double figures for the second season on the trot for a struggling Livie team. Apparently we were looking at him last year. Who know we might still have an eye on him.

Moore's contract is up in the summer.

"Moore's contract with Motherwell is up at the end of this season and manager Mark McGhee felt it would benefit him to be playing first team football every week."

http://www.ayrunitedfc.co.uk/moore-signs-for-season/

Edit: From the looks of things he's Ayr's top scorer for the season which isn't bad going considering he missed a few games for them with injury. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-league-one/top-scorers

There's also the fact that McDonalds contract is up in the summer aswell. It's definitely not beyond the realms of possibility that neither he nor Moult will be at the club for the start of next season.

I think McDonald will be here. We have a year option, is settled in the area from what I here, and has his extra media stuff also

McDonald has a +1 option on his deal so I suppose it depends on what's required for that option to be taken up ie: is it just a matter of the club saying "yes, please" or not.

Edit; "Despite several lucrative offers from various clubs around the globe, the 26-times capped Aussie International has chose to a return to North Lanarkshire and has penned a one-year deal with the option of a second." http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2015/07/21/scott-mcdonald-signs-on-again/

Hopefully if Campbell keeps improving we try to extend it by a year again next year.

I believe we should be trying to do this with any younsters who show improvement year on year. That way we either keep them or get a good return if we sell them on.

Craigan on BT Sports there talking about the Marvin Johnson goal yesterday. "He's got everything, Motherwell will sell him for a lot of money in the Summer"

???????????

Wee bit of propaganda maybe, talking up the value of our players.

It would arguably go against the business model to have both Johnson and Moult at the club by the end of August.

Craigan on BT Sports there talking about the Marvin Johnson goal yesterday. "He's got everything, Motherwell will sell him for a lot of money in the Summer"

???????????

I was speaking to an ex player who still has ties at an English championship team and they were raving about him suggesting that they would be sending their Scottish scout to monitor him. I'm not convinced he's good enough for the championship but they are watching him that's for sure