2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

As an aside, if we've offered him a deal and he opts to move on I guess we'd be entitled to compensation.

This may be exactly why we have offered him a deal. If we don't he will leave for nothing. It might be a minimal offer that he won't accept but allows us to claim compensation.

I think for compensation you need to offer him at least what he is on at the minute.

As an aside, if we've offered him a deal and he opts to move on I guess we'd be entitled to compensation.

This may be exactly why we have offered him a deal. If we don't he will leave for nothing. It might be a minimal offer that he won't accept but allows us to claim compensation.

My understanding is that he has to be offered the same deal or better than he is currently on, before any compensation can be claimed. Admittedly his deal may not be that great currently.

My understanding is that he has to be offered the same deal or better than he is currently on, before any compensation can be claimed. Admittedly his deal may not be that great currently.

Yes that is one of the criteria of gaining compensation. But for someone like Moore you're not talking six figures.

On Robinson - seems a good extension to me and gives us that continuity as someone above mentioned.

On Moore - Been out on loan, scored 11 in 21 starts (24 appearances) at League 1 level. Has done himself no harm in getting a contract extension on the face of it. I am sure if the management team think he is worth a new contract he will be. May be a choice between extending Moore or Fletcher perhaps as I cant see us extending both? With Moore being 21 and Fletcher 25 then Moore might edge it and get that chance. Be interesting to see what happens anyway.

• Like 1

what the chances of McGhee getting the Celtic job? I think he will want it! he's always wanted it! but what kind of impact does that have on how we prepare for next season?

does Fletchers contract expire at the end of this season?

If you believe the press, Moyes is lined up for the Celtic job.

Lasley has had a very good season, very effective when played in the correct role with suitable players beside him.

Hammell has had the odd fault over the course of the season, but we are a far better team with him, than without him. While it's time to maybe think of replacing him long term, he's definitely worth another year. Our attempts to replace him in Chalmers, Francis-Angol and Straker show how difficult a job replacing him is.

McDonald is a no brainier.

McManus, I am not his biggest fan, in fact I have been highly critical of him over the past two seasons. The most annoying thing is how good he can be, but isn't so often. However, I do think I judge him on how good I think Stephen McManus should be, rather than how good a 33 year old Motherwell centre back should be. If our other three centre backs are to be Laing, Kennedy and Hall, then they will need experience. For all his shortcomings, remarkably I do think he will be tough to replace and could be talked into keeping him for continuity's sake alone.

• Like 9