2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

Anyone else think Erwin isn't all that good anyway? For a striker his % of chances must be one of the lowest in the league

His finishing is, well lets be honest, awful and he has issues staying on his feet but even then you can still see he has something to offer with his pace and movement.

My major concern has always been rather than building our team around a proven goalscorer we have chosen to build it around someone who couldn't hit a barn door.

I think Erwin has had a pretty decent first season in the first team all in all. He's clearly got some way to go until he's anywhere near the finished article but there are plenty of encouraging signs.

I think ideally the next stage after his successful loan spell with Arbroath would have been an extended period with a club in the First Division to bring his game on further. We're seeing a lot of that work in progress this season that could have happened previously but for his two long term injuries.

Quite whether he'll continue that development at Fir Park remains to be seen but a striker of his stature with a degree of pace, decent workrate, ability to operate out wide is going to be very highly sought after when that points comes - as it will - where he starts hitting the net on a more regular basis.

Anyone else think Erwin isn't all that good anyway? For a striker his % of chances must be one of the lowest in the league

He has the talent and the potential, but he's still a youngster. You know, one of those players that everybody keeps complaining we don't see enough of and then complain they aren't the finished article when they do play.

He scored plenty of goals in the U20s, so does have finishing ability. It's a big step up to the first team, though. Some make it, some don't. But far too early to judge based on a handful of performances in a struggling team.

I'd definitely be trying to sign him up for next season.

• Like 1

Erwin definitely has all the attributes to be a very good player and people writing him off or deciding what "his level" is after less than a season in the first team is nonsense. Goals come with confidence and that is something the full team is short of but Erwin brings plenty to the team at the moment and will only get better.

I'd much rather more guys like Erwin were given a chance than guys like Straker and Laing.

• Like 1

My hunch for a while has been that Erwin will move on. I hope not thought as he's a good raw talent and the club have stood by him through a couple of bad injuries.

Hopefully Moore has got over his injury. Always got the impression he was more committed to personal development.

I'd be disappointed if Big Lee left. We stood by him through 2 bad injuries and a wee bit of loyalty in return would be appreciated.

THIS. We did stand by him and it would be nice and probably very naive if he did stay. Let's be honest if he is good enough he will get his move soon enough.

• Like 1

Coke was on loan at Bolton, and will pick up another bottom end Championship or L1 club no bother.

Madine is more trouble than he is worth, and likewise will pick up a L1 club.

McCabe is the only realistic one, whom may have to do a Scott Allan/Fraser Fyvie and return to rebuild his career.

Either way, all 3 probably don't fancy the Scottish Championship next year.

Coke was on loan at Bolton, and will pick up another bottom end Championship or L1 club no bother.

Madine is more trouble than he is worth, and likewise will pick up a L1 club.

McCabe is the only realistic one, whom may have to do a Scott Allan/Fraser Fyvie and return to rebuild his career.

Either way, all 3 probably don't fancy the Scottish Championship next year.

Reckon Madine would be a good signing if we lose Sutton. Coke would be a good addition to the midfield, as would McCabe. You never know, one good season and we could be selling him on for a good bit.

The Express has us linked with Peter Hartley of Plymouth who is a centre half. Reckons it all depends on if we stay up or not. Ross County also being linked with him.

Sure he was meant to be coming along with Nathan Thomas in January .

I think I mentioned this on P&B but Lee Erwin is basically a sort of blonde Josh Magennis.

Big, powerful, runs about a lot, can be a nuisance for defenders and can't score for toffee.

I think yourself and others are going to end up with egg on your faces here.Give the boy a chance he is only 21 with mostly sub appearances in a crap team. This boy has it and I for one am looking forward to him proving it.

• Like 1