2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

If Dan conceded the goal vs Sligo, then he would have been crucified. Terrible goalkeeping.

Let's not forget that for months people were considering Dan to get back into the first XI at the expense of George Long. The two playoff games seem to have clouded people's judgment on how successful Long's loan was. He wasn't much better than Dan.

Yes, stats appear to be in Long's favour - but it was Ebbe Skovdahl that said "stats are like miniskirts, they look good but hide the important bits".

Long ticked all our boxes - Young, tall, potential, highly rated down south. And with the extra expense was he really that big an improvement on Dan?

People were talking about Craig Gordon being the player of the year last season. He made 39 saves all season. Wee Dan made 88 and he didn't even play the full season. In fact the only goalkeeper in the whole league that made more saves last season was Michael McGovern at Hamilton Accies; he played every game and I'm sure everyone would agree he is one of the better goalkeepers in this league.

Twardzik had a nightmare at Dundee but apart from that one display I think the good outshone the bad massively. Certainly there were games last season when he prevented us getting absolute houndings and for me he was our best player in the first half of the season.

Long made more mistakes than Twardzik did but Long's last two matches included probably his best display of the season and another where really you could have gave him a stool to sit on.

• Like 4

Has anyone considered Dan may improve under the new GK coach or are the "He's too wee" blinkers still in place. Remember Goram wasn't the tallest of players

Gotham made up for his lack of height with extra width, at least by the time he was playing for us.

Said there was one on the bench

Mentioned this in one of the other threads so apologies of the cross-thread post.

If you watch Bara's post-match interview it looks like Dan Atkinson (trialist keeper vs Sligo) walking past in the background talking to Jim Hollman. I'd imagine it was him since all the outfield subs got a game.