2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

I didn't see anyone mention "hurt feelings" anywhere in the thread.

I did see a few concerns about throwing a guy in the team that just drove up to Motherwell yesterday morning, but we'll know soon if that works out.

Don't play the new guy in case wee Dan's feelings get hurt. Jesus. Some people on here.

Play strongest team. Dan should be happy he got a 2 year deal at another SPL club, think it will be his last.

Who?

Who are these people?

Great win and start to the new campaign and a clean sheet to boot. Didn't see that one coming!. That should boost squad morale.

Safe trip home for our travelling fans - journey will be a bit shorter now.

Sorry - wrong thread.

Well I hope that has settled the "should we" argument. Not asked to do much but as has been said elsewhere came for crosses and bossed his area and at times the players in.front of him.

Also nice see that he appears to have been made with the same kit as two former keepers.

Well I hope that has settled the "should we" argument. Not asked to do much but as has been said elsewhere came for crosses and bossed his area and at times the players in.front of him.

Also nice see that he appears to have been made with the same kit as two former keepers.

Yes, a promising start it has to be said.

With Pearson injured we should be upping the bid for the boy from Ireland.

we don't need to be upping bids for anyone. there are plenty of midfielders out of contract who could do a job for us.

both the manager & GM have confirmed we have been looking to bring in a CM. if the Pearson injury is serious enough to keep him out for a while (I hope it's not) it'd be interesting to see whether that changes things in terms of who we're looking to bring in.

Given his press statement, I doubt he'll be signing a new contract. Regardless, I'm sure he wasn't our only option and whether we get him in October or someone else sooner, it's not too big a deal if it's the right player. We need to be playing the long game here.

I don't have a problem with Leitch stepping in for a few weeks if necessary and it sends a good signal to our youngsters.

He's already said he's staying at St Pats until December (which is when his contract is up according to Transfermarkt) and going by the statement it looks unlikely he'll sign a new deal.

Also, while I appreciate the fact that we're looking at occasionally paying modest fees, do we really want to be upping bids with Les Hutchison's money that we'll ultimately have to pay back for a player who's soon to be out of contract? Especially since there's a month of the window to go and there are plenty of midfielders still without clubs.

We made an approach, St Pats knocked it back. Given we've invested in a scouting system I'm sure Bolger isn't our only option. He won't be the first player we'll have approached where the deal hasn't gone through.

On the BBC that we are concerned that Pearo has a serious knee injury.

He is a combatative midfielder, but the tackle he put in has left their player with a broken ankle and himself with a potentially lengthy lay off. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but did he need to make such a challenge in that part of the park.....

Yes - you don't ask good players to stop doing what makes them good players.

I think the Beeb is just reporting what Baraclough said immediately after the match, so hopefully we'll know more on Monday.

You can understand them doing that, it's like us in the past (I say that as I hope it is) being approached in January for a player who's out of contract in the summer. Do we take 50k or 100k or do we think his presence in the team will benefit us more than that lump sum?

Needless to say as Weeyin (?) pointed out, Chris Forrester is also out of contract at Christmas and his stats are pretty impressive. However as Hibs and we've shown in the past, quite often multiple Irish imports have gone down as well as Iceland Lasagna in the UK.

This post's a bit Football Manager pointless speculation so apologies in advance:

Given the sort of player we've brought in so far someone like John Lundstram stands out in terms of players who are available. 21, central midfielder released by Everton without ever playing a game for them, plenty of experience in lower leagues in England via loans. Capped by England at every level up to u20s.

He was on trial with Wigan recently (played vs Thistle) but Caldwell seems to have pied him if reports are anything to go by, so he's still without a club.

Not saying we would be interested or even if we were that we could afford but is more illustrative that there are alternatives to the likes of Bolger kicking about.

• Like 1

We don't just need someone who can 'do a job' - that should be our fallback position.

We need a promising young player who can hopefully do a job but also hopefully be worth a fee in the future too.

If we need to up a small fee to get a player we think qualifies the above (much like Johnson) then we should do it.

We need a promising young player who can hopefully do a job but also hopefully be worth a fee in the future too.

You know Bolger is 26 (27 in a month) right? Hardly qualifies as a promising young player. Which isn't to say he wouldn't do well for us, just that at 27 he wouldn't exactly be a young prospect to develop and sell on.

In terms of 'do a job' it was a turn of phrase is all.

For what it's worth though, I completely agree with you re: paying a fee if it's viewed as being a suitable investment that would see a return.

Early information from a reliable source is that Pearo is out for minimum 4 months.

Goes without saying that this would be a massive blow. Fancied Pearson to be one of the best midfielders in the league this season.

We're going to need to bring in 2 midfielders now. Wouldn't mind Grant as the backup option.

said it early but at the time i thought it was a stupid decision to go into that tackle. You wonder if it was payback for an earlier reckless tackle on Skippy. He's potentially screwed things up for himself and the team. Whilst we want the younger guys to get a chance in the first team, IMO Leitch does not have either the physique or energy we badly need in the middle of the park, especially if Pearson is out. To accommodate the younger guys we might need three in the middle of the park. Could Clarkson play the Pearson role? Either way we might need two new midfield players, never mind just the one.

Big chance for Leitch to stake a claim for a regular start but a new face is surely a must even if he grabs it with both hands. I know Cadden is also on the fringes but the difference Pearson made last season was massive.

Having seen the tackle thought it looked a 50/50 kind of tackle, one loads of players would get pelters for if they pulled out. Didn't look like much more than a reasonably strong coming together at the time, a shame if it is so serious but Pearson and Lasley are there to fight for the ball and make their presence felt.

said it early but at the time i thought it was a stupid decision to go into that tackle. You wonder if it was payback for an earlier reckless tackle on Skippy. He's potentially screwed things up for himself and the team. Whilst we want the younger guys to get a chance in the first team, IMO Leitch does not have either the physique or energy we badly need in the middle of the park, especially if Pearson is out. To accommodate the younger guys we might need three in the middle of the park. Could Clarkson play the Pearson role? Either way we might need two new midfield players, never mind just the one.

More likely McDonald would drop back into midfield IMO.