2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

I think an energetic winger would be a useful addition to the squad. Chalmers did really well on Saturday, but I felt if we had someone with more pace and willingness to get to the bye-line we could have cut them open and hurt them more. Was disappointed Dom Thomas didn't get on to do just that. Brobbel has been at quite a few clubs (Scunthorpe, Darlington, Tranmere, Torquay) on trial this pre-season and seems to have impressed... but not enough to get a deal. Scored for Tranmere and got a few assists in other games... worse hair-do than Fletcher though!! :negative:

Edited by whatyoudoingwithmygran

Difficult to tell going by highlights but it did seem as if Brobbel was playing more centrally. Every mention of him online seems to have him pegged as a winger however there are a couple of Boro u21 games up on YouTube (same ones as Ripley features in) and he definitely seemed to be playing in that role with them too. Captained them in a couple of games as well as far as I could see.

Also, that interview with Craigan is really encouraging.

Also, that interview with Craigan is really encouraging.

Agreed; you can really see that there's a rapport between Craigan, Robinson and Baraclough (going back the celebrations at the end of the Playoff game at Fir Park). That can only mean the U20s will go from strength to strength; if we're playing the same formation as the 1st team regularly/every week and making sure that the roles of each position are exactly the same is paramount to the club growing.

If Leitchy does the same with the youth academy, we've got a development system in place that's going to grow players throughout our age groups to step up the first team more often.

Onwards and upwards! :cheers::thumbup:

• Like 1

Yes, it was a very impressive interview and good to hear that Baraclough travelled up to watch the game too. That must be encouraging for the youngsters. Also good to hear the positive attitude shown from the senior members - from the highlights Thomas and Ainsworth looked like they were buzzing.

Craigan is one of the best professionals Scottish football had ever seen(edited because I spelled it scene, terrible antics). Not the best player but on the park he would never shut up and always looked after himself. He's a great person to have run the 20s. Not just because it's Craggs, but he is actually the right man for the job!!

Yes, it was a very impressive interview and good to hear that Baraclough travelled up to watch the game too. That must be encouraging for the youngsters. Also good to hear the positive attitude shown from the senior members - from the highlights Thomas and Ainsworth looked like they were buzzing.

Agreed. I thought the fact Bara went up, and on the bus too, was a great thing. Very clear I think Craigan, Bara and Robinson are very much working together.

I think is an OK goalie at this level. Not brilliant...not a full on bombscare ...just somewhere in the middle.

Would be a fairly odd signing given we have 2 senior keepers already. He does not fit the bill I would think of improving what we have or being a sellable asset in future.

Would be a fairly odd signing given we have 2 senior keepers already.

Unless Dan is getting punted, same as Neilson was when Long arrived?

Unless Dan is getting punted, same as Neilson was when Long arrived?

Surely samson is old new as far as our club are concerned?

I can't see Samson in the long term plans, and Dan is already on a contract; why would we pay a third keeper, sigining on fee etc. Makes no sense

What motivation would Samson have to warm our bench.

next rumour please

Heard he is ibrox bound

I checked Rangers Media after this. A few mentions of Samson but I'm more worried about the suggestion of "Humphreys from Motherwell, a lot of pace" made last night.

Better prepare ourselves for a few Blue Pound bids IMO.