2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

I wonder if Conor Grant could be the man?

Overall I wasn't convinced of Conor Grant. Yes he is talented and cultured but tended to disappear when the going got tough and scrappy. Not quite the forceful box to box player I was expecting. The question on many fans' lips is what kind of midfielder are we looking to bring in? A short term replacement for Pearo, if he is ruled out for some time or as back up/replacement for Keith Lasley? Personally I think we need the two.

Tricky to answer at this stage I'd say Haggis given we were lead to believe he was primarily a left-back, capable on the left hand side in central-defence but has played the majority of his time thus far on the left of midfield.

If you read through the United game thread you'll pick up on a few characteristics that other posters have picked upon some of which I'd agree with. He does seem to have a decent level of ability about him and wasn't anything like the square peg in a round hole that Josh Law appeared to be at left-mid at times last season.

A decent early impression but will reserve greater judgement until I've seen him play in defence.

• Like 1