2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

I hope we survive in the league and when/if that happens I will gladly hold the front door of the stadium open so that I can watch all those so called professional footballers be kicked out the club come the end of the season. I have absolutely no sympathy with the vast majority getting moved on. Lets see how many offers they get with a reputation as completely unprofessional, lazy, no guts players.

How does it discount that argument? He's quite rightly pointing out that the majority of Erwin's chances have come from his pace and skill on the ball to turn defenders. John Sutton just doesn't have that, which is the point that's being made!

Sutton's positional sense and timing to make runs is far, far superior. And of course, so is his actual finishing.

• Like 1

And you can bet it's the same vultures who complained we don't give youth a chance.

The Erwin situation is about whether he is the right player at the moment with the situation the club is in, not about giving youth a chance. He's had 36 appearances this season, he got his chance, he's picked every week and right now should be considered as a first team player, not a youth kicking around on the sidelines looking for an avenue into the team.

Was speaking to a guy yesterday who is involved full-time in Scottish Football at a fairly high level...

His opinion on Sutton...he'll score goals in a team doing well, creating plenty of chances in and around the penalty box...if that team is toiling then Sutton would be as well sitting in the stand let alone being on the bench, as he can't create anything himself.

He also reckoned that Motherwell were gearing up to have a mass clear-out of players in the Summer regardless of what league we ended up being in, with Sutton almost certain to leave.

• Like 1

Was speaking to a guy yesterday who is involved full-time in Scottish Football at a fairly high level...

His opinion on Sutton...he'll score goals in a team doing well, creating plenty of chances in and around the penalty box...if that team is toiling then Sutton would be as well sitting in the stand let alone being on the bench, as he can't create anything himself.

He also reckoned that Motherwell were gearing up to have a mass clear-out of players in the Summer regardless of what league we ended up being in, with Sutton almost certain to leave.

Pillow talk? :onthequiet:

Been saying the exact same thing for months.

• Like 1

We certainly need to ditch a number of players. Injuries forced our hand to bring in extra bodies during the window, but that could never be more than a short term solution to meet an immediate need. Plus, you never get the best players in the January window.

same could be said of many goalscorers, thats why they are called scorers and not playmakers or whatever. how many chances did gerd Muller make for himself?

Sutton does his job if others do their's. and this is where it spills over into the managers responsibility to set up the team for everyone to do their job. Howfing longballs to sutton is a proven failed option but yet we have done it over and over !!!

Considering how pish we have been and with Sutton's playing time reduced he is still only 1 goal away from being second top scorer ( equal ) in the league

Again down to the manager, if you field a team incapable of making chances then don't play sutton. Having said that if you play ainsworth and Johnston as wide players I would have Sutton starting and pick from Erwin or McDonald to support him

• Like 1

Or maybe we did and he just wasn't interested?

I just find it weird that it's always the general consensus that because we didn't sign someone it was because we didn't try.

• Like 1

no shit.

Pretty clear from day one of the summer that our management team decided to take a 3rd choice Dundee keeper on the basis of 5 games! I don't think we looked any further than that. In fact I'm pretty certain of it.

But who knows.

It was pointed out at the time Twardzik had previously been training with the club before signing with Dundee. The club had wanted to sign him at that point but there was no room in the budget and/or they already had enough goalies.

I fear we're going to miss the boat for next season. Being involved in the play-offs probably means that we'll not be persuading anyone to sign for us until we know which division we'll be in. It's our own fault but other teams will already be sounding out players for next season and I see that Dundee have just signed a defender from QoS.

Pretty clear from day one of the summer that our management team decided to take a 3rd choice Dundee keeper on the basis of 5 games! I don't think we looked any further than that. In fact I'm pretty certain of it.

But who knows.

Agree pretty much with that. Also it was Marshall who decided on the keepers to sign during McCalls time.

Same Sutton that only three players in the league have scored more goals than this season despite only starting 2/3rds of the season?

If Sutton has proved anything this season it's that he can score goals in a piss poor team. I'll repeat, the only players in the league who have scored more goals than Sutton this season are two shortlisted PotY candidates (Stewart, Rooney) and a guy that just got called up to the Scotland squad (Griffiths).

• Like 1