2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

Unless we're planning on moving a striker on already, which seems doubtful, then it'd seem an odd move to bring another one in. The decision to loan Moore out made sense as he's going to get more game time at Ayr than he would here and at the moment he'll clearly benefit from playing every week and Clarkson is only getting minutes here and there. Moore would have been lucky to see any first team involvement beyond covering an injury crisis.

By all accounts Fletcher is close to being in back in contention so that's back to our complement of 4 forwards playing for 2 places. As others have said if we're bringing anyone in then we could definitely use a specific type of midfielder since we definitely lack a physical, robust ball winning midfielder.

Moult has had plenty of chances over the last couple of weeks and has missed most of them so if this guy can find the fuckin net then I'd happily sign him

The same Moult who has scored in both his last two games. Strikers miss chances, give the lad a bit of time. Only saw him in the flesh a couple of times and I wouldn't put my house on him being the next big thing but he certainly doesn't look like a Casagolda either gie the lad a chance.

• Like 1

Moult has had plenty of chances over the last couple of weeks and has missed most of them so if this guy can find the fuckin net then I'd happily sign him

He has also scored 2 goals in 4 starts. If he carries that ratio on I will be delighted. Kaboom.

That's a bit tongue in cheek as I do get what you are saying but point is we do not need anther striker.

In isolation, signing a striker with a bit of pace and pedigree would be an obvious welcome addition.

Given that we brought in 4 new strikers however, one involving a transfer fee and another likely to be our highest earner, any further additions upfront would set off a few alarm bells.

Moult has done more in the last few games than some players do in a full season. He appears to be a hard worker and he has also delivered on the goals front, I think we need to cut him some slack.

• Like 2

I like Moult. Tries hard and, like I said above has scored 2 out of 4 starts (+ 27 min sub appearance). Keep near that ratio and he will be a hero!

Some folk will always focus on the misses.

A group near me at FP still wouldnt give Higdon his dues the season he scored 27 because he missed loads as well!

The same Moult who has scored in both his last two games. Strikers miss chances, give the lad a bit of time. Only saw him in the flesh a couple of times and I wouldn't put my house on him being the next big thing but he certainly doesn't look like a Casagolda either gie the lad a chance.

Not only do strikers miss chances, but good strikers don't let misses worry them. I thought Moult's finish at Methil was a strike of a guy wot confidence.

• Like 1

I do like Moult, he's hard working and yes he is scoring but I still believe that given the amount of chances he has had over the last few weeks his return ratio is not the greatest. If we are to avoid another season like the last one then we need our striker to be scoring with more of the chances.

Why?

Perplexed and worried by this.

Snap.

McDonald, Clarkson, Moult, Fletcher and now this boy?!?! How many strikers do we need?!

We need a decent midfielder.

Where is the money coming from for this also?

I wouldn't be giving Barraclough any more scope to bring anyone else in considering how shoogily the peg his jaiket will be on is!

Mental on the face of it....

• Like 1

i remember the days when fans lapped up new signings with non one hoot of a care about the clubs finances. None of us know where we are with regards to the wage budget, and i am sure we will sign another midfield player. A real pacy forward is something we did not have, but do now apparently. It's upto the strikers to deliver when they start otherwise they will be dropped. Lets get back to the 235 formation!

• Like 2