2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

Clarkson was / is a strange one. An ex player that we all have an affinity with, but based on midweek he is out of his depth at this level. He looked unfit and added nothing to the game. I suspect this chap will mean we will likely not see Clarky in 1st team again, even this early on in the season. Wonder if they may try to move him on.

I like Moult and Fletcher looked OK in his brief start to the season.

If the guy comes in and bangs in the goals - then great, but like others I feel our need is greater in midfield and right back....

• Like 1

When you think about this year so far in two games, Hearts away and St Johnstone away (??) Barraclough has put Marvin up top and through the middle. Clearly he thinks that we are lacking that bit of pace to come of the bench or start up top.

I'm just confused as too who the main strikers/pecking order is going to be..... apart from Clarkson who I think will be number 5 in the list.

This guy is still young, has scored goals at every club he has been at and has played for some decent clubs at decent levels, lets give him a chance.

• Like 1

It's possible Clarkson is on a pay as you play type deal. Given his injury issues and us getting our fingers burned with McFadden it would be the wise move.

If Robinson is better than what we've got then I'm glad to have him on board. Aberdeen moved up a level when they brought in Rooney, Dundee Utd have went from possible relegation battle to likely top six just by adding McKay. Having a goal scorer is vital and too important to wait and see if guys are good enough.

• Like 1

better ask weeyin if hes allowed to start tomorrow :ph34r:

Depends if he's fit or not. Fletcher and Moult are still coming up to speed after a pre-season.

However, it's a lot easier to come straight in as a striker than it is central midfield.

It doesn't make me happy I was right about Talyor, though. It just make me right :whistling:

• Like 1

Bizarre. I thought we were streamlining the squad this season however we now have 5 strikers (assuming fletcher isn't crocked). Clarkson is now looking like we will be carrying a wage - like last seasons squad. What the hell is the point?

McDonald should be playing further up top as he isn't being utilised properly atm. We are in glaring need of a central midfielder and a right back (we have 3 of them too - 2 of them are shite). Utterly bizarre.

Unless we are setting up to play 4-2-4 of course and I will eat my words.

• Like 1

Reading about the new players history on the official site, there's no denying that he has scored goals with every club he's been at and they are all much bigger clubs than us.

But if Barraclough felt we needed pace up front, and why wouldn't you want that, signing 4 strikers in the summer, none of whom are lightening quick, seems excessive.

McDonald(for the quality and proven experience) Robinson (for the pace) and Moult OR Fletcher (to supplement) would've been sufficient surely?!

Unless Fletcher was lying to us in the pre Aberdeen interview in the Centenary then he certainly will not be out long term. He definitely said 3 to 4 weeks ankle knock, had worse, wasn't even limping slightly.

I'm more of the view maybe Clarkson away.

If Baraclough keen to play McDonald deeper (or maybe Skippy himself wants that), then that gives us 4 strikers. Which really isn't a huge number as I don't think we have anyone in te U20s close to stepping up.

2 starters and 2 cover.

• Like 1

A plethora of strikers, curious imbalance of assets isn't it?

I would hazard a guess that Fletcher is out for the foreseeable, or he's been sleeping with the physios wife( copyright Tommy Docherty Man Utd 1976) and Clarky may have to work his socks of to even get to warm the bench.

I would leave Big Marv out, patchy would be a flattering description of his new season form , no room for passengers in our current position . Speaking of which"Taxi for Law, please"

Our transfer strategy out the window?

To an extent, I agree. My first thought was that I thought we were looking for young guys with potential for a transfer fee later on?

On the other hand, we do have three or four players over 30. And a few in their early 20s. We don't have many players in their prime (24-29) and those we do have aren't that experienced (thinking Law, Johnson). Therefore you could argue we have a squad of players that either have potential or their best days are behind them. Maybe we need a couple of players to do a job here and now...?

A plethora of strikers, curious imbalance of assets isn't it?

I would hazard a guess that Fletcher is out for the foreseeable, or he's been sleeping with the physios wife( copyright Tommy Docherty Man Utd 1976) and Clarky may have to work his socks of to even get to warm the bench.

I would leave Big Marv out, patchy would be a flattering description of his new season form , no room for passengers in our current position . Speaking of which"Taxi for Law, please"

Of course if Law gets a taxi he's still gonna be a passenger...

• Like 1