2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

I've suspected for a wee while now that Ross County are paying at least some of their players fairly high wages. They are also forking out transfer fees. For a club of their size that isn't sustainable - I know they're being bankrolled by Roy MacGregor. However its unlikely that he's simply donating cash to the club with no strings attached. I'd like to see their annual accounts for the past year or so.

Does UEFA financial fair play rules extend to all clubs or just those involved in European competition?

I know Man City had restrictions placed on them due to their Abu Dhabi based owners, but I'd agree with you, SPFL TV money, league placing cash, cup prize money and gate receipts from a very remote team ..... all doesn't seem to add up.

I suppose I'm just miffed as I think Irvine would have been a fantastic asset to our team.

If you've seen what Dom Thomas is driving, 2k a week might not be far off!

you're clearly not that clued up on car leases if you think he needs £2k a week for that, although guess thats the point of getting these lads in the cars.

First team squad- 20 players?

On 2.5 weekly per man= £2.6 million annual wage bill- plus the U20s and staff etc. with pitifully small TV revenue and maybe 4500 typical home attendance- I find that a bit unlikely unless Les has got incredibly deep pockets- which, by implication , would mean one monster of a debt to be repaid to him.

I really have no idea what the wage structure looks like but I would hazard a guess at a VERY small group of players on the kind of money being quoted with the vast majority on a fraction of it.

From bits and pieces of information I suspect our Under 20s are on something like £300 - £500 per week. First team squad £1,000 - £2,000. In terms of the total wage bill, you need to add on 9% to cover employers' costs (pension & NI). So, a player earning £100,000 per year cost his club about £109,000 annually.

From bits and pieces of information I suspect our Under 20s are on something like £300 - £500 per week. First team squad £1,000 - £2,000. In terms of the total wage bill, you need to add on 9% to cover employers' costs (pension & NI). So, a player earning £100,000 per year cost his club about £109,000 annually.

From what I hear, the U20s basic wage is smaller than you've heard but their appearance fee if they break into the first team is in four figures...