2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

Maybe cover for Pearson yes but, if no extension ???

Ok I'll say what a few others are thinking. I reckon he's being brought in as cover or short term replacement for Keith Lasley. Given that he's a defensive player who would partner him in the middle in an attacking role other than Pearo?

What about that Latvian guy rumoured the other week, Pulyarp Loncor. Three week loan, not even long enough to be underwhelmed but understandable for some no doubt!

Saw this in the Scotsman today, lifted from a report in the Sheffield Star

Hooper move falls through after VIP box row

GARY Hooper’s proposed loan move to Sheffield Wednesday fell through after the Owls refused to throw in a £30,000-a-year VIP box for the former Celtic striker.

The Hillsborough club had already agreed to pay the Canaries a £500,000 loan fee and were set to pay Hooper’s £32,000-a-week wages in full.

However, Hooper pulled out of the switch after Wednesday reportedly refused to give him the VIP box for his friends and family.

I can't imagine Norwich will be too happy with him if it's true.

• Like 1

Ok I'll say what a few others are thinking. I reckon he's being brought in as cover or short term replacement for Keith Lasley. Given that he's a defensive player who would partner him in the middle in an attacking role other than Pearo?

Off the top of my head 2 defensive mids in a 4231, I'd say at the moment he's more likely to be replacing Leitch than Lasley. Different story if it's 442 though. It also asks the question of what Taylor's role actually is too:

Ripley

Law/Watt - Laing/Kennedy - McManus - Hammell/Chalmers

Lasley - Grimshaw

Ainsworth - McDonald - Thomas/Johnson

Moult/Fletcher

Off the top of my head 2 defensive mids in a 4231, I'd say at the moment he's more likely to be replacing Leitch than Lasley. Different story if it's 442 though. It also asks the question of what Taylor's role actually is too:

Ripley

Lasley - Grimshaw

Moult/Fletcher

Ripley

Lasley - Grimshaw

Moult/Fletcher

where would Theo Robinson fit in? 3 players for the up top role now.

On the Chariman's blog today, I noticed the quote "And when the club repays the loans, ownership will transfer from Les Hutchison to the society.."

So it does seem that it's the club that is servicing the loan.

However, we really do need some clarity on the exact nature of the financing.

So when Pearo is fit who will start with Keith Lasley? If we started with Las & Grimshaw it would be a very defensive central midfield indeed. I too am unsure about Taylor's probable role.

As far as I was aware then if the well society couldn't afford to finance any of the loans then the club would then have to pay Les Hutchison, that to me just means the club is losing money needlessly.

It's the other way around. Onus on club to pay back but if they can't the WS agreed to help out with shortfalls. Loan was to club, not WS.

In an ideal situation the club would become self sufficient ASAP, pay back the loan payments as planned over 5 yrs and the WS would have a pot of cash.

I think that it was explained in one of the early communications...found it...http://www.thewellsociety.co.uk/category/news/page/4/

So when Pearo is fit who will start with Keith Lasley? If we started with Las & Grimshaw it would be a very defensive central midfield indeed. I too am unsure about Taylor's probable role.

I think it'd be Pearson and like yourself think we'd see a rotation between Lasley and Grimshaw.

Very much doubt it would happen on account of our striker surplus but there's scope for us even going 451 with Lasley as an anchorman in front of the defence & Grimshaw along with Pearson as the two CM. Something like this would have matched up well vs Aberdeen.