2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

I might be reading it the wrong way and I understand players need to look after themselves, however I see it as somewhat disrespectful to the club when we've got unfinished business on the park. Particularly when the official line is no decisions have been made.

That's my thoughts exactly. It says on the site you need to contact them to be put on the list...so it is the players themselves or their agents.

Lawson, McHugh and Sutton have been added since Vigurs, Ramsden and Carswell initially appeared this time last week.

Agreed Superward, how much will a squad with so many players leaving next week actually give a fuck?

Seems very unprofessional...but still, I can understand why the players are doing it.

That's one of the really worrying things... Will those out of contract go that extra yard to keep us up??

I'd hope that this is the stage that pride and desire to win a new deal elsewhere kicks in. If they've been told they can leave come the end of the season (Barra has previously said they haven't) then the next three games are a chance to prove themselves to any potential new club. There's guys on that list that could quite easily struggle to find themselves a full-time club for next season.

That's one of the really worrying things... Will those out of contract go that extra yard to keep us up??

The win bonus is a massive incentive. Apparantly in the regular season it's a good few hundred quid per player per point. I would imagine that there would be significant uplift for the playoffs.

Letting a guy who has scored 34 goals in two seasons in a team that doesn't create many chances go when you have no strikers signed up for next season doesn't make any sense to me.

If McDonald and Erwin both leave as well we will be up shit creek.

• Like 1

Letting a guy who has scored 34 goals in two seasons in a team that doesn't create many chances go when you have no strikers signed up for next season doesn't make any sense to me.

O'Neils Forty Yarder has summed it up perfectly earlier in this thread. "Was speaking to a guy yesterday who is involved full-time in Scottish Football at a fairly high level... His opinion on Sutton...he'll score goals in a team doing well, creating plenty of chances in and around the penalty box...if that team is toiling then Sutton would be as well sitting in the stand let alone being on the bench, as he can't create anything himself."

Thats it in a nutshell for me It very much depends on how we set ourselves up. Don't forget either he's 31 just now and won't get any younger, quicker or sharper.

He's still been scoring since he went onto the bench. He scored plenty last season playing a turgid team who barely created anything. He scored 9 league goals in a very poor Hearts team in 2012/13.

I have my doubts about Barraclough finding one striker better than Sutton but even a decent manager would struggle to find us 3 in the one summer. McCall got the freedom to fill our squad with shite and it has ruined us, someone at the club should be making sure Barraclough isn't given the same opportunity.

If McDonald and Erwin both leave as well we will be up shit creek.

And that's why you'll never be a football manager Disco, not even gaffer of a 5-a-side team my good man.

Could see Randolph going to Aberdeen. There was a time when that would've enraged me but it's the least of our worries these days.

I saw Randolph trending on twitter very briefly earlier and clicked on it to see if the chat was related to our much missed keeper. It was indeed.

The first tweet beneath the story of his refusal to sign a new contract with Brum was a Partick Thistle fan in all seriousness saying he'd take him at Firhill!!

"That's a right big laugh" said the Mrs a few seconds later "what are you reading?"......

Could see Randolph going to Aberdeen. There was a time when that would've enraged me but it's the least of our worries these days.

No chance. He's better than Aberdeen. If he can knock back a mid table championship club like Birmingham then there's no way they can afford him. He has impressed this season (again) and if Ruddy can end up in the Premiership then so can he.