2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

Twardzik > Samson

This. Seen some utter bomb scares in goal for us over the years and Dan is not the worst, by some distance.

Samson would be a weird signing. Do we need him? If Long is out injured we could play Dan in the under 20s games and bring in either a youngster or someone from the juniors as cover. More likely to uncover a decent player that way than spending more money on someone we know has not improved recently and is obviously not good enough.

As it stands we have a first choice goalkeeper who by all accounts, assuming he's fit, will start every game and kicking prowess aside has been doing a decent enough job. Regardless of people's thoughts of Dan as a first choice goalkeeper he fits the role of back-up goalie just fine. I believe Morrison has been playing in goal for the u20s so that's pretty much covered.

If there's honestly the suggestion that we're somehow signing a 31 year old free agent in some sort of convoluted process to provide cover for an injury to our u20s keeper then not only is it a waste of a wage, it's just plain mental. There is just no valid reason for us to sign him given our current squad. Even in the event of Ripley and Twardzik both getting injured we'd surely just go for an emergency loan.

Given that this is the 3rd time (that I can remember) he's been linked with us since the end of last season I get the impression that someone claiming to be #ITK is just really desperate for him to sign with Motherwell and can't take a hint (or is just trolling everyone) or alternatively (more likely?) his agent is flying a kite and trying to make it look like there's a team actually interested in him given he's been without a club for a while now.