2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

Without a word of a lie, I would rather we gave long a place on the bench instead of Samson. Neither will be first choice anytime soon and we may as well give our own players experience of being around the match day squad than taking on a journeyman Scottish football goalkeeper. Feels kind of like we signed Gerry Britten again.

His hand is in plaster.

Without a word of a lie, I would rather we gave long a place on the bench instead of Samson. Neither will be first choice anytime soon and we may as well give our own players experience of being around the match day squad than taking on a journeyman Scottish football goalkeeper. Feels kind of like we signed Gerry Britten again.

Going by the blurb on the official site Long's apparently a long term injury. Other than that, I agree with your rationale.

Edit: just saw Superward beat me to it.

Luke Watt is clearly out the picture. Has had less game time this season than any player that hasn't been loaned out. Not a single minute of league football and only came on as a sub in extra time in the league cup.

And Josh Law is the competition for right back.

Yeah, don't hold your breath waiting for Luke Watt coming into the team.

Luke Watt is clearly out the picture. Has had less game time this season than any player that hasn't been loaned out. Not a single minute of league football and only came on as a sub in extra time in the league cup.

Opens up a new question. Do you go with a better player even if his attitude might be slightly off (as long as he trains properly) or do you go with the "nice guy" who's maybe not quite as good?

It's a football club, not a borstal.

If an 18 year old on a decent deal who's gone through the youth ranks doesn't know how to conduct himself then it's his problem. Or maybe we could get a striker and a keeper to act as his child carers.

F ck that, shape up or ship out mate.

I've heard nothing but great things about Watt from the club and a few players.

He was making the bench before he got injured and he is just making his way back from that injury now and will hopefully be back to the first team soon.

As for his attitude, he is apparently very level headed and mature for his age. He also has no big ego and doesn't overthink the game or his ability. If he's given a task, he goes onto the park and does it.

I'm a big fan of the lad and hope he can oust Law from right back as we could have a great talent developing there.

• Like 2

I will be interested to see the line up on Saturday, I expect Samson to take Dan place on bench however it wouldn't surprise me if he dropped Ripley as that's the way his decisions have went so far, if he drops Ripley I will lose any faith or respect I have left for him to succeed

Injured players generally do get less game time.

Ah, so it's not just me then.

I'm still waiting to see what he can do that Dan can't. I hope to be proved wrong but my feeling so far is that they are of a similar standard.

Touch the crossbar without having to jump up.

• Like 2