2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

The guy doesn't have a reputation.

If Motherwell becomes the Hutchinson and Barraclough show we deserve everything that is coming our way.

Well I will give him the benefit of the doubt just now am not sure I would be willing to plough a million quid into the club of my hard earned even though I love the club so he gets my thanks and respect for that. Apart from that I don't see anything he has done wrong so far and that includes appointing Bara. I will give Bara my verdict once he gets a season under his belt. I am very open minded on our future and don't think its all doom and gloom. Just wish we didnt have the play offs and I am keen to see what Bara brings to the table in the new season. Bringing in basically emergency players to shore the team up until the summer I personally wont judge him on as far as I am concerned the damage was done from the first kick of the ball at the start of the season.

• Like 2

The club is worth much than a million just for the land the ground is on. Either he gets his money back in five years or he takes ownership of an asset worth much more than his outlay. In the mean time he gets to play at running a football team even though he has done nothing to suggest he knows his arse from his elbow as far as that is concerned.

The guys wife is worth billions, relatively hundreds of fans have already made bigger commitments than him.

The club is worth much than a million just for the land the ground is on. Either he gets his money back in five years or he takes ownership of an asset worth much more than his outlay. In the mean time he gets to play at running a football team even though he has done nothing to suggest he knows his arse from his elbow as far as that is concerned.

The guys wife is worth billions, relatively hundreds of fans have already made bigger commitments than him.

Craig Whyte had 'wealth off the radar'

Romanov owned his own bank.

You want what they had?

So given the value of this asset, why didn't you borrow a million from the bank and lend it to the club? Presumably the bank would have been delighted with the security you were offering, and you could implement all your great ideas on how to run the club from top to bottom.

Sorry but almost all of thats bullshit. I am trying to be reasonable but your just being eristic. I agree plenty of Well fans have sunk more money than some can really afford into the club but I don't think we can say anyone has sunk a million or they wouldn't be looking for more well society members. Just because the club has a potential value doesn't mean that value will be realised..no one can until its sold and if it is then no one, other than creditors would benefit from a defunct club so the argument about land value is moot. Les has never mentioned selling the club or the park to get his money back from what I remember. He came in when no one else would and you giving him grief from half a season of ownership is just plain crazy. From what I am hearing the guy has rectified so many things in the background that was needing done it was absurd. The club has to be rebuilt from the foundations up on a successful model and it sounds so far like that is being put in place. No one can expect top youths coming through the ranks overnight. He has basically put a plaster over the cracks player wise until he can get to the end of the season and get the hard work started.

• Like 1

So given the value of this asset, why didn't you borrow a million from the bank and lend it to the club? Presumably the bank would have been delighted with the security you were offering, and you could implement all your great ideas on how to run the club from top to bottom.

That's silly even by your usual standards.

I thought Law would be offski but Baraclough did indicate at the outset that he loves a trier. And to be fair to Josh, if he continues to improve he'll offer solid enough competition to Luke Watt.

Whatever league we're in next year though, I hope we scale back on the quantity over quality mantra.

That's silly even by your usual standards.

Not at all. Your argument is that a million is not only a trivial amount, but secured by an asset worth much more. If that's the case, why did it take Boyle so long to find someone to buy the club? There should have been a queue of people (including people like yourself) ready to make such an investment based on the huge leverage opportunity. All that risk free return on investment - it's like printing your own currency.

Or maybe (just maybe) you know nothing about business and were spouting bollocks.

• Like 2

I'm happy with Law signing up. He seems to have settled in at right back spot. No Hateley-esque delusions of being a midfield maestro. Give me him over Reid any day, who wrote himself into the history books but is a journeyman trier at best. Be interesting to see how Law will interplay with an actual wide right team mate rather than with Grant(utterly out of place out wide) or Ainsworth( who just doesn't contribute often enough)

Utter utter bollocks.

Bullshit.

Fitness levels addressed, structure overhaul, qualified medical staff to lessen needless injury problems and improve recovery times, a meaningful scouting system and a strategy to bring in cash from the development of youngsters. None of this was being addressed by the previous Board or Management. To me that kind of suggests he knows what he's about.

A million is a trivial amount if your wife is a billionaire. His plan is to have a net investment of effectively zero over five years. If that doesn't work he owns an asset that I've been told numerous times by directors is worth no less than 2.5m.

Boyle couldn't find anyone because running a club is difficult, takes a lot of time and isn't likely to make a profit. Hutchison is married to a billionaire, he is clearly an exceptional case.

Personally I'm not that bothered what happens any more, the mismanagement of the club over the past 12 months and the unilateral changing of the well society model have made me take a few steps back. Seeing the enthusiasm of everyone at Fir Park on Monday brought a bit of the old spark back but the prospect of Barraclough remaining in place regardless of the results this week is a reminder that our problems go far beyond the recent poor results.

If there are fans who are glad to have Josh Law to the next two years and aren't offended by being asked to prove they want Motherwell to exist by a tax exile who can't name a single favourite Motherwell supporting moment that's fair enough but I think it's sad we've got to this point.

• Like 4

I'd stick with Ramsden at right back for the play offs as I think he offers more grit but he'll be off in the summer and Law has done reasonably well over the last few months. Signing a contract doesn't necessarily mean he'll be a first pick - although the division we're playing in might be a big influence on that.

Bullshit.

Fitness levels addressed, structure overhaul, qualified medical staff to lessen needless injury problems and improve recovery times, a meaningful scouting system and a strategy to bring in cash from the development of youngsters. None of this was being addressed by the previous Board or Management. To me that kind of suggests he knows what he's about.

That's just a list of words like Barraclough saying he was aiming to win the league and play attacking pressing football.

Wait to see if any of it actually happens.

I'd stick with Ramsden at right back for the play offs as I think he offers more grit but he'll be off in the summer and Law has done reasonably well over the last few months. Signing a contract doesn't necessarily mean he'll be a first pick - although the division we're playing in might be a big influence on that.

He might no be first pick but surely he'd be above someone who is almost certain to leave?

A million is a trivial amount if your wife is a billionaire. His plan is to have a net investment of effectively zero over five years. If that doesn't work he owns an asset that I've been told numerous times by directors is worth no less than 2.5m.

Boyle couldn't find anyone because running a club is difficult, takes a lot of time and isn't likely to make a profit. Hutchison is married to a billionaire, he is clearly an exceptional case.

Personally I'm not that bothered what happens any more, the mismanagement of the club over the past 12 months and the unilateral changing of the well society model have made me take a few steps back. Seeing the enthusiasm of everyone at Fir Park on Monday brought a bit of the old spark back but the prospect of Barraclough remaining in place regardless of the results this week is a reminder that our problems go far beyond the recent poor results.

If there are fans who are glad to have Josh Law to the next two years and aren't offended by being asked to prove they want Motherwell to exist by a tax exile who can't name a single favourite Motherwell supporting moment that's fair enough but I think it's sad we've got to this point.

Dont like the product and are that fed up.....take a season or 2 out...simples