2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

Not sure Law is what we need as a priority anyay. We need a hard tackling midfielder who covers ground for 90mins and gets stuck in.

I like Law but not sure where he would fit in other than to take Cadden's spot.

Don't disagree with that assessment but if a good player looks to be available and if (a big if this one) it's within our budget then we should look at it and see if it's something that would add to our team.

In this case, I suspect wages would rule us out...

See Liam Caddis been released by St Johnstone. Midfielder but not sure if he is any good. Anybody seen much of him?

Not really seen much but by stats hasn't exactly set the heather alight at st j.

Tansey to Aberdeen for 200k being reported. Always liked him.

Scott Mullen reporting we are hoping to get 2 deals done today.

This from the BBC:

Clearing the decks

Midfielders Ryan Williams and Josh Laurent and striker Montell Moore are all looking for new clubs after Brentford cancelled their contracts by mutual consent.

Having trimmed the wage bill, does this mean the Bees will now add to their squad as deadline day progresses?

League One leaders Burton Albion have parted company with forward Aurelien Joachim, who has not made an appearance for the Brewers since November.

Also through the exit door and onto the open market is York City defender John McCombe

Ryan WIlliams previously linked with us.

Going by last January's recruitment we like a player from York..... John McCombe 30 year old Centre Back..

Josh Laurent described as a midfielder and occassional defender, 20 years old has been through the QPR Accademy.

Montell Moore another 20 year old midfielder came through Brentford's Academy.

Aurelien Joachim striker that seems to have had his goals dried up recently.

I am not saying that we are after any of these players but I'd imagine that this is a sample from the pool of players (i.e free transfers and\or players agreeing to cancel their current contracts with their clubs) that we are shopping in if we are signing permanently, rather than a loan.

Pearo seems to be playing far deeper than he was before Grimshaw's departure and his game is suffering for that. We lack his experienced support for the front players,

Pearo scored and then set up Moult's offside effort on Saturday. I'd disagree.

See Chris Maguire has been released from Rotherham, there's an abundance of freebies piling up for us....... :prankster:

Aye just what we need, a guy who has steadily got worse over his career, pretty much been loaned out within 6 months of any club he's went to. I'd like to see what other freebies are available first.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/chris-maguire/profil/spieler/36633

I was just pointing out the level of the players on a freebie... Not saying that I'd like us to see them signed... however in Maguire's case he has had at least had something about him in the past and he's still only 27, so he's got years on some of our current elder statemen.... :)

I was just pointing out the level of the players on a freebie... Not saying that I'd like us to see them signed... however in Maguire's case he has had at least had something about him in the past and he's still only 27, so he's got years on some of our current elder statemen.... :)

I don't dispute you can take players written off and they turn out to be able to command a first team start and receive the plaudits of the fans and media ..... Jennings, Coke, Clancy, Gunning.

Nobody Scottish from the lower divisions any good? ..... No?

In general, at least for a team like ourselves, good players aren't available in January - unless it's on a pre-contract for the following season.. That's why I never have high expectations at this time of year.

Josh Laurent described as a midfielder and occassional defender, 20 years old has been through the QPR Accademy.

Pass, we've got enough occasional defenders, thanks.

Hearts getting £1,500,000 for Sow. Can we make a move for his agent?