2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

Before the window, McGhee said he'd be happy if he had to stick with what he had. Of course, part of that is just PR speak, but we're not in terrible shape right now and if add McFadden to the mix as a striking option I doubt there is much to panic about.

• Like 1

Well, he certainly wasn't after a right back late last night... The player in question was refused by his parent club. As discussed this morning, season defining week? 3 Wins and everything in the garden will be rosy, 3 defeats & the knicker wetting/porridge dribbling* will be in overdrive.

*delete as applicable

Oh go on then, spill it.

Or at least give us a clue.

Well, he certainly wasn't after a right back late last night... The player in question was refused by his parent club. As discussed this morning, season defining week? 3 Wins and everything in the garden will be rosy, 3 defeats & the knicker wetting/porridge dribbling* will be in overdrive.

*delete as applicable

Obviously I wouldn't ask anyone to spill in the know information but what position was McGhee looking at?

Makes it even more likely we didn't have to pay off his full contract.

I presume in these cases, they are released from their contract to give them time to get a deal done, or at least have some interest that's fairly concrete.

He'll want to be playing, was completely out the picture at fir park, so made sense for both sides.

The Man U boy?

Any mentions of a link between Motherwell and this guy Rothwell, prior to yesterday (and frankly the media only mentioned it after it had been on here), were dated Sept 2015. Which suggests to me that someone got him and Grimshaw mixed up. Hard to tell because they were all in a foreign language...

Sounds stupid given how many we had at the start of the season but I think we need a reliable striker in. Robinson is gone, Clarky out on loan, Fletcher doesn't seem to be rated only really leaves moult and McDonald and if they are off the boil we need someone there to compete.

We need a creative central midfielder who can score. Without Pearson in form we are seriously lacking.

The irony is we had one in Vigurs.

I thought Pearo was playing as a holding midfielder just now in Grimshaw's absence. That just isn't his game. Yes, we do need a creative midfielder and hopefully we'll sign one. Vigurs would not fit into the present midfield as he needs energetic hard working players around him. I'll say again our midfield is unbalanced. I've still to see Gomis in action of course.

Vigurs was a show-boating passenger, dogged by bad luck and with a propensity to basically jog round the centre circle while the game raged on around him. Please don't hold him up as some Pirlo-esque kind of genius.

So you want a box-to-box, hard working, defensive, creative midfielder?

I'd settle just for creative right now, but they're in demand too.