2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

Is there any evidence of this magic crowd increase happening previously?

As Lobey said, I think people are getting bored of this. From a playing side, it'll be as pointless as the David Clarkson singing.

Bang on the money! He doesn't increase crowds. Signing him would be as much a waste of money as the Clarkson or Robinson signing.

What happened to these deals that were nearly done on deadline day?! Know it was probably free agents, but we have had all week to get a new face in, yet nothing has developed!

maybe, just like the "big name that got away" it was just bullshit and we cant afford to sign anyone

Whilst I don't believe there would be any jump in attendance whatsoever because of it I would still happily welcome Faddy back once more. The situation is someway removed from the summer of 2014 where we were kept waiting and waiting all summer and it got to the stage he was chasing his tail trying to gain match sharpness and it took six months to get there. Now it's very a much a case of if he signs, given its been publicly stated on several occasions he's on buttons and is contributing behind the scenes then great! If he doesn't well its not like a regular first team starter has been pulled from underneath us, so we move on with no great loss.

I'd contest that if his attempted lob over the Ross County keeper been an inch or so higher and he'd subsequently popped it in the empty net to equalise there wouldn't be as much chat about it being "pointless" or a "waste of money".

And whilst in no way comparing the respective abilities and talents of the two it also makes me smile that in the last few days there has been some vociferous defending of Vigurs who often stood accused of not bothering his arse, yet here we have someone who repeatedly voices his affinity for the club and gives it his best no matter how off the pace he might be, being summarily dismissed. Funny old world.

• Like 4

Not at all. I love Mcfadden but he's completely past it imo, bar a few occasional flashes in 2013/14. I'd be delighted to be proved wrong, but Vigurs contributed much much more when they were both in the same team.

And then vigurs turned to shit when faddy left,never have to question faddys attitude

Anyone who thinks Louis Moult is going to bring a big transfer fee needs to readjust their expectations.

He's a good player for us but no club who has the money to pay a six figure transfer fee is going to be interested in paying for a guy who contorts himself any time the ball goes near his left foot.

• Like 1

Anyone who thinks Louis Moult is going to bring a big transfer fee needs to readjust their expectations.

He's a good player for us but no club who has the money to pay a six figure transfer fee is going to be interested in paying for a guy who contorts himself any time the ball goes near his left foot.

I remember your thoughts on Higdon, too. Not a fan of the big man before his record breaking season.

Moult is a young striker who has had 6 months at a struggling club. His tally isn't too bad, considering.

• Like 1

I like Moult but he isn't young he's 24.

He's got a lot of good things about his game so he's probably dropped to Conference level because he's one sided. The only teams spending money on transfer fees are the EPL teams and teams who want in the EPL, they'll never go for Moult.

My opinion about whether Higdon should get a game changed depending on circumstances but I'll never change on believing that players showing up over weight shouldn't be tolerated

I like Moult but he isn't young he's 24.

He's 23.

And strikers typically hit their around 28/29 (or in Higdon's case with us 29/30) so he's about 5 years from peak performance. Arsene Wenger reckons any player who changes leagues takes a minimum of 6 months to adjust, so I still have confidence we will see more from Moult over the next 12 months.

Regardless, he blew your notion of none of our strikers scoring 5 goals this season out the water pretty quickly.

• Like 1

Saw that earlier. Overlooking the relative merits of him as a player surely the extent of our enquiry should have been the 5 minutes it'd have taken to check that he had already played for 2 clubs this season.

I am personally not up on all the transfer rules, however, you would like to think that the relevant people at our club would have dismissed the notion of signing Higdon immediately.