2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

Yeah will be an interesting close season and will see the end of the line for some wage thieves like Vigurs.

Signing Laing would be a great start. If we do keep Erwin some media training would help as well as there is no doubt the TV companies will be making a beeling for him for the postmatch interviews. Would be delighted if he stays but he is a very rough diamond who needs taken under an experienced pros wing, which leads me to the experienced pros. McManus had the two best games since coming to Fir Park but his season has been mediocre at best. Maybe he needs Laing in beside him as that seems to have worked wonders.

McDonald will go sadly as I feel that an English Championship side will take the chance on him, if not, would be delighted to have him as a solid attacking centre mid. His days up front I think are gone and he has shown some ability as a attacking mid or trequartista.

The great thing about Motherwell managers is the fans have no idea who the hell we will sign and its usually someone we know very little about. As long as we stay away from ex-players that some our fans have an obsession with. Pearson and McDonald aside most have not worked and I include Faddy in that.

Onwards and upwards hopefully.

Strange how people see things differently, Laing did a hell of a lot of stupid things yesterday but could turn into a major asset for us if he stays and cuts out the mistakes.

I believe he is still only 22, so plenty of time to cut out the mistakes and improve his game. I find the best defenders are in their late 20's early 30's when they seem to blossom and are usually at the height of their game. For me he comes into the category of a sellable asset if we can get him signed up.

McDonald will go sadly as I feel that an English Championship side will take the chance on him, if not, would be delighted to have him as a solid attacking centre mid. His days up front I think are gone and he has shown some ability as a attacking mid or trequartista.

Onwards and upwards hopefully.

5 goals in 11 starts would suggest otherwise. I'd love it if we keep skippy

I would like to see us keep Ainsworth and Laing - fairly realistic I think. Erwin I would like but could be tough to keep now. Would love to keep Skippy but think he mentioned another go at England or back to Oz.

The rest out of contract I could take or leave...depends who else is out there. I do not want to see Straker back though.

A player of Erwin's age should make sure he's going somewhere where he's going to play first team football regularly.

Yes 500 grand is fine by me. Be best he moves on the lad will just get grief from Sevco knuckldraggers and it's a good amount of money to help us recruit decent players so's we're never in that nerve shredding situation again.

Given he's out of contract, you can't grumble at £500k for Erwin. I've always had a soft spot for the boy and think he has the makings of a Scotland player.

Hopefully he returns from Vegas in one piece, settles in England, and goes on to fulfil his potential.

Erwin is raw potential - but that is as good as I rate him. I'm surprised at the enthusiasm for Laing. His mistakes and decision making have been really poor every time he's played - especially yesterday. I don't rate Laing or O'Brien. In contrast, young Peter Grant at Falkirk looks a good, no nonsense defender. Great tackles made in the cup final.

I can see Ainsworth staying - this is the longest he's stayed anywhere. Sutton has been a great club servant but I think it's time to let him go and get a stronger, younger striker in. Someone in the mould of ICT's Ofere is what we need, especially if IB favours fast wing play.

For me, the crucial priority is an experienced keeper, and a commanding centre back who's not afraid to boss his team mates. We need a leader at the back to cut out all the mistakes.

The last I'd heard was that his career may be over due to his back issues. That's just "football stand talk" though, so take it how you will.

If we get £500k for Erwin, much as I'd like to see him develop further as a player here, I think we have to be happy with that. It will give us a bit of money to look for a replacement and possibly give the likes of Moore a chance to step up and show if he'll make the grade.

I'd be quite happy with Laing staying. He's a bit rash at times and makes some mistakes, but with the right guidance and a settled defence, could develop into a decent player. Baraclough also seems to be getting somewhere with Ainsworth, so I'd be happy for him to stay as well - not something I was saying round about January.

http://www.nottinghampost.com/Louis-Laing-resigned-leaving-Nottingham-Forest/story-26611452-detail/story.html

Louis Laing resigned to leaving Nottingham Forest

By Nottingham Post | Posted: June 01, 2015

10184494-large.jpg

Louis Laing on loan at Notts County.

Louis Laing says as far as he knows Nottingham Forest will not be extending his contract at the City Ground this summer.

The Reds have a one-year extension option on the 22-year-old defender's deal.

But the Post has already reported it is unlikely to be activated, with Forest boss Dougie Freedman prepared to allow Laing to leave the club.

And Laing looks resigned to becoming a free agent and appears open to a permanent move to Scottish Premier League side Motherwell, where he has been on loan from the Reds since January after an earlier loan spell at Notts County.

Laing was signed by former Forest boss Stuart Pearce last July.

He never played a game for the Reds last season, but did well across the River Trent at Meadow Lane and then at Motherwell, who are managed by former Notts and Mansfield Town player Ian Baraclough.

Laing helped them avoid relegation from the Scottish top flight following a play-off final win over Rangers – a tie that ended in an ugly brawl.

"I'm not sure what's happening next season," said Laing.

"As far as I know, I am a free agent.

"I have really loved it here. Would I like to stay? Yes, probably, but you never know what's going to happen.

"Motherwell is a great club. It has a great fan base, the manager is fantastic, everyone here is a great guy and I am really enjoying it."

i wasn't sure about laing when he first arrived but to be fair he's impressed of late especially the play off games,i hope we can get him signed up as there's definite potential to get a lot better.

• Like 1

Wait till he sees the wages we can offer though.

True, but as always, it's a case of "more wages for sitting on the bench vs. less wages and establishing yourself". There's no substitute for playing time for developing a career.

I'm happy with Josh Law signing a new deal, he's been decent at right back and could turn into a really good player - especially with how big a step up he's taken from coming from Alfreton Town. I'd also be happy to retain Louis Lang, if him and McManus can emulate the last two performances on a regular basis, I think we'd have a pretty solid defence. On the subject of Erwin, he is raw talent but still has an awful lot to learn, personally I'd bite Leeds' hand off for 500k, it would be a solid bit of business by the club. Johnson is the real belter here, a great signing by Baraclough, looks he'll develop into a top player.