2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

Aye yer right, we done great getting players in during the window

MaybeI phrased my point poorly. Would you rather he brought in players who are no good just so we can say we did some deals. Or would it be better trying to et the right players? Also with the way we are just now what makes us such an appealing choice for any player we may have offered terms to?

No of course I don't want to replace deadwood with more deadwood. I have no idea who they tried to sign but all we managed was a midfielder on a short term loan

Mind, offloading deadwood doesn't mean monies in the coffers or freeing space in an inflated squad size... Necessary measures.

No of course I don't want to replace deadwood with more deadwood. I have no idea who they tried to sign but all we managed was a midfielder on a short term loan

Barraclough would've had 2 replacements lined up, signed them, then got the original player too....

:lol:

I'm quite happy with the business we did.

Gomis looks to be a good addition in a position we were short (see Hearts 6-0).

We shifted a lot of guys who were out the plans.

I'm not sure where else there's an obvious weakness in the team. (There obviously is weaknesses, but just bringing in bodies wouldn't address these.)

Mind, offloading deadwood doesn't mean monies in the coffers or freeing space in an inflated squad size... Necessary measures.

So, are you saying we didnt try and sign anyone then or had no intention of adding to the squad further? A blind man could see that our squad size was ridiculously bloated, and ridiculously bloated full of utter turd.

If the strategy was 'lets get rid of the shite, and work with the players left' then fair-do's, but if the manager thought we needed replacements in and it never happened then its a different story.

I agree with you and I'm happy we got rid of the deadwood the way we did. None of the January departures had a great effect on our season, Grimshaw aside and we did generally have far too big a squad for our supposed plan. But it does beg the question, why were we sanctioning Baraclough signing all these guys in the first place?

Not signing a defender in the window will come back to haunt us.

I would probably agree, as on yesterdays showing our defence was run ragged by a very poor Killie side. But for the keeper, the score could have been a lot worse. However, I think the horse may have bolted and we will need to make do with what we have got.

Don't know cos I don't know how much players get paid just stating a fact that I could go to other uses than paying him for hee haw

He's getting paid as a squad player the same as all the other guys who don't start games. Would you rather we just had 11 players?