2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

On the subject of new contracts, maybe a good idea to offer johnson a 1/2 year extension just now?

I think the new owner will be more on the ball with things like that, than we have been in the past right enough.

Was advised about 6 weeks ago how Carswell & Moore had fallen out with Barraclough.

Believe similar to Cummins, dont feel they where given a chance and weren't enamoured with his style, differing opinions etc etc.

The senior pros and club captain should have been booting their balls and giving them the home truths And reminding them of how difficult it can be to maintain a career if attitude is poor.

The senior pros and club captain should have been booting their balls and giving them the home truths And reminding them of how difficult it can be to maintain a career if attitude is poor.

Bathered, tbh. None of them at teenagers and they're capable of making their own choices.

Perhaps they can turn pro at footgolf.

On the subject of new contracts, maybe a good idea to offer johnson a 1/2 year extension just now?

I think the new owner will be more on the ball with things like that, than we have been in the past right enough.

Brilliant call, exactly how we need to manage the real talent to protect the investment.

Agree Punk, if true, but no reason to doubt the fella who advised. I hope I am wrong as would love to see Moore step up too the plate.

Think a lot of our squad were too comfortable so tbh I am quite happy to see such a "red out".

Not doubting you, more of a caveat for anyone who wants to have a dig at me for believing. It's too political in here. :)

Im i the only one whose a wee bit disapointed that Vigours and Ramsden have been punted. Im assuming Vigours back problem is still a problem. Always thought he had something. Ramsden a bit hairy arsed but always willing. As for the rest all the best in the lower leagues.

Sounds a wee bit like a boys club mentality where a few of the lads have enjoyed a cushty wee number under McCall, even although they weren't playing, and have been put out by a new gaffer with a different style, probably expecting a lot more hard work from his players.

Would certainly go a little towards explaining the complete shambles of a team mentality left behind by McCall.

Or maybe they were just annoyed at being ignored. Ever manager has favourites and players they sideline. It's part of the game but if it was you or me we'd probably be annoyed if we felt we didn't get a fair crack.

For me Carswell blew it getting sent off within minutes against Partick. But for me the problem with players like Carswell is they are all hard work and no ability.

I'm not sure how to phrase this without sounding like a wee boy, but Vigurs has probably been my favourite player over the last two seasons. Will never fit into Baraclough's system though.

I liked Vigurs as well and I'm a bit disappointed he's on the way. However I disagree with you that he would never fit into Baraclough's system. For me, he fits into Baraclough's system more than he did McCall's.

Glad Carswell is gone. His now deleted tweet at 2pm on Sunday was highly unprofessional.

If we decided players' future based on the professionalism of their tweets, Cummins would've been gone years ago!

I'm more optimistic for the forthcoming season than I've been in years. I think Baraclough has something to offer. His backroom staff he's employed look excellent.

I doubt very much football golf is on the agenda at pre-season and I doubt we'll see any overweight players at any of the pre-season friendlies!!

Sadly I feel the opportunity to become a first pick on the teamsheet was not grabbed at all by the now-departed Stuart Crabswell- I fear he watched too many Ray Wilkins and Fud Ferguson videos. Incapable of a forward pass. Disappointing to see a prospect going backwards in every sense.

I see a lower league future ahead for him.

Was advised about 6 weeks ago how Carswell & Moore had fallen out with Barraclough.

Believe similar to Cummins, dont feel they where given a chance and weren't enamoured with his style, differing opinions etc etc.

I am on page 34 of this thread, so no doubt someone has got there before me.

How many fans would have started Cummins, Moore + Carswell in the play off games. My educated guess is NONE. Nothing agin them, but they are clearly not good enough. If they get p1ssed off with the manager for their shortcomings then so be it.

I hope they carve out decent careers elsewhere but they are not top league material. I hope Moore proves me wrong, but his cameos have done nothing to convince me.

Chatted with carswell briefly at sponsors dinner and it was clear he didn't rate baraclough, commented on how he'd not had two straight games since McCall left, stated if we got rangers in a playoff he didn't fancy our chances at Ibrox before confessing to be a rangers fan. Total opposite of the message conveyed in lee erwins post match interview at the weekend.

Glad he didn't feature over the two games.

At least he was honest I suppose.

Apparently a lot of the problem was the manager telling guys who were already at the club to buck up their ideas (which is fair enough) while at the same time telling them how he had been watching Straker and Thomas for a while and they were good players (which makes him look like an idiot). Remember that Nathan Thomas went straight into the team.

Carswell did well for us the previous season until the op on his groin. If he gets fully fit he'll be able to make a career in football. Cummins is a crock, he's done. ZFA might improve with less pressure on him down south. Moore hasn't shown anything other than hustle and bustle, I don't see him ever making a break through.

Or maybe they were just annoyed at being ignored. Ever manager has favourites and players they sideline. It's part of the game but if it was you or me we'd probably be annoyed if we felt we didn't get a fair crack.

If it was during pre-season I'd agree, but Baraclough came in midway through a terrible season and had to mount an immediate campaign for survival. It's up to players to prove to the manager they want and deserve to be a part of those efforts every day in training, not sit about and wait for a chance in the team when we potentially can't afford the risk, and then moan about it on Twitter or at sponsor's evenings.

There are folk pissed off with their boss all over the world both in and out of football, that's fair enough - there's no rule that you have to get on or agree with your manager. But you're still expected to knuckle down and be a professional, and it seems doubtful if that can be said about someone like Carswell.

It's largely irrelevant now anyway. The two main players in this chat - Cummins and Carswell - are gone and, as has been mentioned, there doesn't seem to be any issues with Moore's attitude or work ethic.