2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

I'd like to see what the manager can do with ZFA, Vigurs and Lawson. Vigurs if used in the right way can be very effective however he's not exactly versatile. Baraclough obviously has one clear game plan, and that appears to involve pace, energy and pressing high. Not sure how he'd fit into that - depends how versatile Baraclough's game plans can be I suppose.

I'd like to see what the manager can do with ZFA, Vigurs and Lawson. Vigurs if used in the right way can be very effective however he's not exactly versatile. Baraclough obviously has one clear game plan, and that appears to involve pace, energy and pressing high. Not sure how he'd fit into that - depends how versatile Baraclough's game plans can be I suppose.

Much like the Sutton argument in that if they are both (Sutton and Vigura) used in the right way they can be influential. If not then they usually dont contribute much.

But, do we want to build a team and game plan around them? That's what will probably decide their fate.

He's scored 11 goals for us these past two seasons, is that right? A bit of a drop from the 20 odd he got the season before, but is he really someone we want to discard? Will we get those goals from elsewhere?

No, he scored over 20 last season. This season, feeding off scraps, he's got 11...

Crikey it's amazing how reading one line can spark your train of thought.

For some bizarre reason the closing song of Tiger Tim's radio show from about 30 years ago came into my head reading Yassin's post.

"What are you going to do after the Tiger's gone" I think it was with its line about I think I'll cry cos he didn't say goodbye.

From this I remembered the football quiz they used to broadcast on a Monday night. This is what passed for Monday Night Football in those days for those fortunate enough not to be around then!

And it struck me that 30 odd years ago when I was listening to that quiz we'd probably have been in the First Division.

I brought my reminiscent wandering to a speedy close at that point.

I blame Vigours......

Stick a functioning midfield behind him and Sutton will score goals. He wasn't the problem at Firhill, the managers Sunday League tactics were.

Totally agree. Lawson could and really should have been a part of that but he's had an unfortunate run of injuries. He's back playing u-20s and, even if he features in all of the next five 1st XI matches, it may not be enough time to earn a new contract.

Totally agree. Lawson could and really should have been a part of that but he's had an unfortunate run of injuries. He's back playing u-20s and, even if he features in all of the next five 1st XI matches, it may not be enough time to earn a new contract.

Lawson's murder and one of the worst signings we've ever made.

Lawson's murder and one of the worst signings we've ever made.

It's not worked out well for him at all but if he had been fit and then played the way he played in his last first team appearance we would have been on to a winner. He totally bossed that game (well the 45 min or however long he was on for). Probably not a contract I would renew though.

Lawson will most likely be released and will walk into St Johnstone / Thistle / Dundee team no bother. Quality player that just never got going here. Once he overcomes his injury troubles, one of our rivals will see the best of him. Shame really.

No, he scored over 20 last season. This season, feeding off scraps, he's got 11...

You're right enough, not sure why I added an extra season there.

But yeah, anyone who wants rid of a striker like Sutton if we get relegated is mental. He'll score plenty of goals in the Championship.

You're right enough, not sure why I added an extra season there.

But yeah, anyone who wants rid of a striker like Sutton if we get relegated is mental. He'll score plenty of goals in the Championship.

Nobody is guaranteed to score goals at that level - see Kris Boyd.

It looks at the moment that Sutton won't fit into Baraclough and Robinson's pressing style of play, if that's the case he'll move on unless he is willing to accepts a wage that reflects an impact sub.

Lawson will most likely be released and will walk into St Johnstone / Thistle / Dundee team no bother. Quality player that just never got going here. Once he overcomes his injury troubles, one of our rivals will see the best of him. Shame really.

Probably right but it seems to be a big 'if' on overcoming injury rather than a definite.

Nobody is guaranteed to score goals at that level - see Kris Boyd.

It looks at the moment that Sutton won't fit into Baraclough and Robinson's pressing style of play, if that's the case he'll move on unless he is willing to accepts a wage that reflects an impact sub.

Of course no one is guaranteed, but I think he will score plenty at that level, given the chance.

Don't get me wrong, if we sign someone in the summer who can replicate the kind of numbers Sutton has produced for less money or whatever then fair enough.

Lawson's 31 when his contract ends. He has started in winning teams 12 times in the top league in Scotland. He has missed multiple months of each of the past three seasons through injury.

Even Stuart McCall could tell you he is done (if he ever got started) at SPFL level.

From our out of contract players I'd say

Keep - Erwin, Mcdonald, Law

Bin - Lawson, Sutton, Ramsden, Ainsworth, Vigurs, Mchugh, Carswell, Cummins, Angol, Kerr

let all of the Loans go home, but maybe try and extend Grant until at least Jan

if this happened we could lineup next season

Twardzick

Law - ? - Mcmanus - Hammel

Johnson - Lasley - Pearson - D. Thomas

Erwin - Mcdonald

subs: Leitch, Moore, Ferguson, Watt, Grant, Reid

A half decent team if we can finally find a decent CB and GK

From our out of contract players I'd say

Keep - Erwin, Mcdonald, Law

Bin - Lawson, Sutton, Ramsden, Ainsworth, Vigurs, Mchugh, Carswell, Cummins, Angol, Kerr

We have 5 players that have scored more than once this season in the squad. McDonald will leave in the summer, I don't think there is much doubt about that. That leaves Sutton (11), Ainsworth (6), Erwin (4) and Vigurs (2).

You want to 'bin' three of them.

OK......

The Lawson situation is a shame. I remember he started against DUTD at home earlier in the season and absolutely bossed the midfield, spraying ridiculous passes all over the pitch. He got injured at the start of the second half, the full team completely collpased and we ended up losing 2-1.