2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

Strachan more or less said he wasn't playing at a high enough level in League 1.

Completely reasonable to want your players playing as well as they can at the highest possible level but in terms of League One I'm pretty sure he gave Lee Griffiths at least one cap whilst he was in that division with Wolves so perhaps a little inconsistency from Strachan.

I think Ainsworth has the ability to be an outstanding footballer, but his application is pathetic at times. Frustratingly, he always seems to turn in a good performance in his final months of a contract.

I imagine that the Rangers games and their televised exposure have really put him in the shop window for many suitors abd we just can't compete with what others might offer.

I'd like to see Dom Thomas get a real run of games from the start of next season, when we're not having to try and scrape points to stay up.

Interestingly, I found thus article on Marvin Johnson and it seems that we might have him on the right next season.

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/non-league/kidderminster-harriers-fc/2012/05/10/marvin-johnsons-shock-at-england-call/

Thomas and Johnson supplying Sutton would be a great weapon.

I just have the feeling Ainsworth will be offski. He has got ability but his consistency is woefull especially away from home. His performances in the play off final will ensure he gets a move to England.

• Like 1

I see that Kello has been released by St Mirren. Signing a keeper from a relegated side isn't perhaps the most awe inspiring, but would anyone take him?

Nope, he was in and out of the team and isn't the player he was.

Needing new ideas this summer, I think. :)

Cant help but think we missed a trick with the QOTS lads. McShane at Ross County , Carmichael at Hibs, Durnan at Utd + Holt at Dundee as well as Reilly who looks to be on way to Hearts would all do a job for us

Cant help but think we missed a trick with the QOTS lads. McShane at Ross County , Carmichael at Hibs, Durnan at Utd + Holt at Dundee as well as Reilly who looks to be on way to Hearts would all do a job for us

I agree but one slight issue - most of the above deals would have been concluded before we knew what division we would be playing in
  • Like 1

It's still a buyers' market and I'm sure there will be a sufficient number of players available (and fall within our budget) that can do a job for us.

Who knew about Marvin Johnson before he showed up?

• Like 2

In January we were looking for short term fixes to keep us up, so hopefully we are now looking for additions who can help us to a better league finish than last season.

As for ainsworth, his poor performance and attitude for 2/3 of the season was a contributing factor to our league place, I'm guessing that a second contract extension will probably cost us a few quid and we're not going to get any money for him down the line, so I don't think he's the best use of our money. I would hope that Dom Thomas could come in as the second winger and actually develop into an asset.

It's a market I think we need to be much more active in.

Not an Alloa expert by any means but I was really impressed by Daryl Meggatt when I saw him in the play offs. Put in the best goal saving defensive tackle I saw all season and stood out generally. Dundee snapped him up. Will be interesting to see how he does in the top league next season.

We supposedly have 50 - 60 targets on the radar as part of our new scouting system. Hopefully, that covers this market, but it will be interesting to see what where our signings com from (and more interesting to see if any of them involve transfer fees).

FFS gonna stop posting shite in this thread unless it is a signed player as I see updates and rush to check and its about some fanny thats been released from some shitty club. Can we have a thread started for that type of nonsense. Maybe call it " Bullshit player who will never be signed by Motherwell but I just noticed he was released from "insert club name" thread.

• Like 4

I think the thread is fine as it is personally. Part of the fun of transfers is the speculation, gossip, the discussion of the ones that got away and the ridiculing of the ridiculous suggestions. I draw the line at the tiresome Freddie Dindeleux chat mind you :)

Pretty grim reading if all you are going to see when you open up the apparently desired thread is...

IN

Joe Chalmers

However if you want to start such a thread batter in. I'll even pin it for you if you want.

• Like 1

Pretty grim reading if all you are going to see when you open up the apparently desired thread is...

IN

Joe Chalmers

For anyone that only wants confirmed signings MFC Twitter (which also posts to Shoutbox) is the best resource. This thread was always about speculation and discussion, and often best left unread until August each season.

I think the thread is fine as it is personally. Part of the fun of transfers is the speculation, gossip, the discussion of the ones that got away and the ridiculing of the ridiculous suggestions. I draw the line at the tiresome Freddie Dindeleux chat mind you :)

IN

Joe Chalmers

However if you want to start such a thread batter in. I'll even pin it for you if you want.

I actually wouldn't mind getting some actual players quoted as possibles but some people on here are really ripping the piss with some players who I wouldn't pick for a pub team never mind the Well and no I don't have a particular choice myself or looking too far above our position just decent common sense players linked to the club is fine. The QOS player is a case in point handy player who we missed out on allegedly, excellent post the rest are just laughable. Like weeyin says probably best reading it in August when the straw clutchers are finished.