2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

Given the whirlwind nature of his arrival on deadline day, I doubt we'd stand in his way if a significant offer was made for him to return south. However the move to Motherwell was a jump in quality and fitness, clubs willing to spend north of £500k therefore may want to see him performing week in week for another 6 months or so.

Hopefully we have more signings like him lined up.

Yeah, he was totally shite. So shite in fact that he should be hounded from the doors of Fir Park and never be allowed near a football pitch again. In fact, extend that to his family too. Those six appearances were more akin to war crimes than footballing performances.

Jeezo Dewell - get a fucking grip. But well done on toning down the random capitalisations though.

• Like 1

Read a post there that David Ferguson has signed a new deal? Is that the boy who played left back against Caley at home last season when we got gubbed 2-0 and he was sheehite. :suicide:

A youngster had one bad game. An experienced forum member has multiple poor posts. Which one should we punt?

• Like 6

Anyone ever seen MJC, steelboy and Dewell in the same room at the same time?

Regarding Johnson, much as I'd like him to stay and see what he can do with a full, proper pre-season under his belt, any offer of £500k or so has to be considered. It'll be interesting to see the club's response should an offer be forthcoming. Previously the club would have jumped at it, but the new regime seems a little more savvy and we seem to be on a more solid footing. It may be they'd decline with a view to a bigger offer coming in down the line.

That's three times I've seen people mention sums of money upwards of half a million quid when it comes to Marvin Johnson. Are these sums actually being discussed by clubs looking to buy him, or are we just making them up?

That's what I am wondering as well.... Didn't see anything anywhere about this 'rumour'

Anyone else a bit impatient to see some signings. :biggrin:

We needs 5/6 players in minimum and it would be better having most of them in by the time pre season starts.

Yeah you want to go pre season to see these new players before the season starts and of course to keep there fitness level up

Agreed. We need at least 8 players. Possibly more if Sutton and Ainsworth leave.

I can't remember if it was flow or the manager that was quoted but there was an article on the official website that mentioned ten new players

Its going to be an interesting and exciting pre-season and hopefully Baraclough will unearth a few gems.

This pre-season is crucial for Baracloughs ongoing employment as far as I'm concerned. His plethora of signings were a mixed bag, ranging quite literally from the sublime to the ridiculous, and performances during his tenure thus far have been exactly the same. Jury is out.

• Like 2

Said from the start that we will see 10 new faces. We have 1 (17 have left). We did have a bloated squad so the reduction doesn't pose any danger.

All that we need now is

Goalkeeper X 1

Centre Half X 2

Right Winger (Should Ainsworth leave) X 1

Centre Midfielder X 1

Attacking Midfielder X 1

Striker (Should Sutton leave) X 3

That would leave a sub bench next season of:

Twardzik

Watt

Leitch

Thomas

Moore

Frazzie you'll have the happy clappers annoyed with that correct assessment of Barraclough. In reply to the abuse i've received about Ferguson he is clearly not good enough and that's all i posted. In my opinion he is not anywhere near SPL class and as a left back???? If im proved wrong i'll be delighted to come on and say so like i did with Higdon. But if im right like i was with Kerr, Carswell, Twardzik, Lawson, Forbes, Cummings, Steven Saunders that i got abuse for who is also crap then i'll keep posting my honest and usually near enough correct views of our players.

Said from the start that we will see 10 new faces. We have 1 (17 have left). We did have a bloated squad so the reduction doesn't pose any danger.

All that we need now is

Goalkeeper X 1

Centre Half X 2

Right Winger (Should Ainsworth leave) X 1

Centre Midfielder X 1

Attacking Midfielder X 1

Striker (Should Sutton leave) X 3

Yes, it'll depend on those offered contracts, but, 10 new faces? Nothing seen or heard from inside the club that suggest this will be the case. I'd be highly surprised.