2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

Maybe Neill could make the step up next season? Don't know how his loan spell is going for him. Leaves us very light at the back though with the loanees gone and Kerr, Reid and Ramsden seemingly on their way out.

We have 5 players that have scored more than once this season in the squad. McDonald will leave in the summer, I don't think there is much doubt about that. That leaves Sutton (11), Ainsworth (6), Erwin (4) and Vigurs (2).

You want to 'bin' three of them.

OK......

Vigurs is obviously out the door so you can discount him, Johnson will score more than 2 next season

Erwin will improve hopefully into double figures if he stays

D.Thomas if played regulary will replace Ainsworths goal and then some

Reading some of these posts and seeing people sticking up for Lawson, Law, Vigurs and ZFA we probably deserve to get relegated for sheer stupidity.

Yep. Incredible revision from folk here. Lawson has been here for two seasons, and his contribution that anyone can remember is a first half against the Arabs. Get rid, immediately.

Yep. Incredible revision from folk here. Lawson has been here for two seasons, and his contribution that anyone can remember is a first half against the Arabs. Get rid, immediately.

Agreed, its unfortunate that he has been injured but he has been a wage thief and contributed feck all to the team in 2 seasons, punt him ASAP.

Agreed, its unfortunate that he has been injured but he has been a wage thief and contributed feck all to the team in 2 seasons, punt him ASAP.

A wage thief!

He has been totally scunnered with injuries and has never had a chnace to get a run in the team. I feel sorry for the guy as its not his fault.

Very harsh post.

• Like 1

A wage thief!

He has been totally scunnered with injuries and has never had a chnace to get a run in the team. I feel sorry for the guy as its not his fault.

Very harsh post.

OK maybe a bit harsh, but the fact still remains the club have probably invested a significant amount of cash in him over the last 2 seasons for no return.

OK maybe a bit harsh, but the fact still remains the club have probably invested a significant amount of cash in him over the last 2 seasons for no return.

Do clubs not have insurance that pays out in these kinds of situations?

It's all a bit silly this chat because it all depends on who we can get in...the 'there must be someone better out there' stuff is a silly way of thinking. Equally, wanting to keep someone just because they have been good in the past for us is also not the right approach in every instance.

Would I bin Sutton and Ainsworth if I knew we could get someone better in? Aye.

Would I bin Sutton and Ainsworth if I couldn't get someone better in? No.

Apply that to everyone out of contract.

Nothing like the worst. No offence to the guy, but Mike Larnach will take some beating when it comes to "worst signing ever".

I'll raise you Jim Gillespie lol. Mike Larnach was a marquee signing (he'd been scoring goals for fun for Clydebank - alongside the late great Davie Cooper - before he moved south to Newcastle) - yeah he was mince, but definitely not the worst, but that debate is probably for a seperate thread.

Lawson played in the right position with the right team could be a quality player for us.

Much like Sutton if we build the team around and for him...a lot of the time he is ineffective

Much like Vigurs if we build the team around and for him...a lot of the time he is ineffective

Just two other examples of players that cab be effective in the right format but can also equally be so so ineffective a lot of the time.

• Like 2

I'll raise you Jim Gillespie lol. Mike Larnach was a marquee signing (he'd been scoring goals for fun for Clydebank - alongside the late great Davie Cooper - before he moved south to Newcastle) - yeah he was mince, but definitely not the worst, but that debate is probably for a seperate thread.

Jim Gillespie was bad, but he was no John Reilly.

• Like 1

We could spend hours going over whose been crap for us through the years. In our current predicament we need to focus on the here and now and hopefully we survive in the SPL and can have a good thread on this during the summer. Lawson has been pish for us..Remember the Aberdeen cup game v 10 men last season then he's been the most injured player in Europe into the bargain.

We could spend hours going over whose been crap for us through the years. In our current predicament we need to focus on the here and now and hopefully we survive in the SPL and can have a good thread on this during the summer. Lawson has been pish for us..Remember the Aberdeen cup game v 10 men last season then he's been the most injured player in Europe into the bargain.

DEWELL has called a MORITORIUM. That's it close down all unrelated threads.

How will focusing on the HERE and now in a forum help our survival - only the PLAYERS and MANAGEMENT can do that.

This is a forum FFS. Oh and I fail to see how you come to that conclusion on Lawson - nobody's seen enough of him in a Claret & Amber jersey to form an opinion of any kind, be it good or bad.

Now, this is a factually accurate post if I've ever seen one.

• Like 1

DEWELL has called a MORITORIUM. That's it close down all unrelated threads.

How will focusing on the HERE and now in a forum help our survival - only the PLAYERS and MANAGEMENT can do that.

This is a forum FFS. Oh and I fail to see how you come to that conclusion on Lawson - nobody's seen enough of him in a Claret & Amber jersey to form an opinion of any kind, be it good or bad.

Lawson could be the greatest player in the country, but if he is constantly injured he is feck all use to anybody. The club have invested a lot of cash over the last 2 seasons in him, wages, bonuses etc for no return so he needs to go. If he had played enough to show he had the potential to be a good addition to the team then he might have been worth another contract, but as it stands we need to let him go, the money could be better spent on players who would actually play once in a while.

Lawson could be the greatest player in the country, but if he is constantly injured he is feck all use to anybody. The club have invested a lot of cash over the last 2 seasons in him, wages, bonuses etc for no return so he needs to go. If he had played enough to show he had the potential to be a good addition to the team then he might have been worth another contract, but as it stands we need to let him go, the money could be better spent on players who would actually play once in a while.

Agree totally, I never said he should get a new contract - my comment was aimed purely at the ".... he was pish for us", unsubstantiated crap that we witness on here week in and week out.

Lawson played in the right position with the right team could be a quality player for us.

Much like Sutton if we build the team around and for him...a lot of the time he is ineffective

Much like Vigurs if we build the team around and for him...a lot of the time he is ineffective

Just two other examples of players that cab be effective in the right format but can also equally be so so ineffective a lot of the time.

100% spot on

Can't afford players that are continually injured no matter how good they are/ were

Very true.

Not saying we keep Lawson at all - that maybe got lost in the conversation. Just making the argument there is a good player in there and injuries aside he could have been right good for us.

I don't know who I would keep - all depends on who we can get in. That even includes the likes of Kerr and ZFA who I am not fans of. But no point in letting go if we can't get another player in/or have a youth who is as good.