2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

Baraclough in the press conference today saying he is looking to bring in another 5 or 6 to give us a first team squad of c 20 players.

Still speaking to Skippy. Wouldn't rule out bringing back Laing or Long.

So for me that shopping list needs to be - Goalie, Centre half or 2, Couple of strikers and maybe a midfielder for cover. That would give us a couple of players in each position

By my reckoning, with your shopping list, that would give us a squad of

Twardzik

GO

Law

Watt

Chalmers

McManus

Hammell

CO

CO

Lasley

Pearson

Leitch

CM

Johnson

Ainsworth

Thomas

Moore

ST

ST

Obviously looking for the likes of Cadden, Ferguson, Mackin, McLean and maybe others to also step up. Still looks thin in centre midfield...

Definitely think adding quality to the midfield is key. It's been one of our main failings in the last 2 seasons and I think we have finally reached the point where we can't rely on Lasley every week. We also need to play a midfield three on a more regular basis.

There should be scope with Vigurs, Lawson and Carswell all leaving.

My shopping list would be Skippy, Laing, keeper, midfielder, 2 strikers, back up centre half and ideally a right back.

Definitely think adding quality to the midfield is key. It's been one of our main failings in the last 2 seasons and I think we have finally reached the point where we can't rely on Lasley every week. We also need to play a midfield three on a more regular basis.

My shopping list would be Skippy, Laing, keeper, midfielder, 2 strikers, back up centre half and ideally a right back.

We don't need a right back. Josh Law is as steady right back with Reid and Watt to cover.

I agree with Dodge in that right back isn't a priority. Along with the options he mentioned (although I don't know how much Reid will feature) we have David Ferguson.

I notice you said McDonald and two strikers. Reckon you'll be disappointed there as we'll see two strikers total, be it McDonald and one other or two new faces. Reckon Moore and Mackin will get their chance this season...

I don't see Reid playing a significant part going forward and would be disappointed if Law was first choice right back. If Watt can do the business then great but he's ultimately a centre half.

2 strikers plus Skippy is a big ask but I think it's what we'll end up with. Erwin and Sutton both need replacing. Baraclough likes to have options from the bench.

By my reckoning we require a goalie, a centre back, a central midfielder and 3 strikers. That still leaves us a tad short in central defence (we've lost O'Brien, Ramsden, Kerr and Laing). Anything less than 3 strikers plus Moore will be cutting it very fine up front, as we've lost Erwin ,Sutton and MacDonald (?). I'm far from convinced we have the correct right back unless Watt comes on a ton.

Given our very poor goals against record last season we have to solidify the central midfield and defence.

By my reckoning we require a goalie, a centre back, a central midfielder and 3 strikers. That still leaves us a tad short in central defence (we've lost O'Brien, Ramsden, Kerr and Laing). Anything less than 3 strikers plus Moore will be cutting it very fine up front, as we've lost Erwin ,Sutton and MacDonald (?). I'm far from convinced we have the correct right back unless Watt comes on a ton.

Given our very poor goals against record last season we have to solidify the central midfield and defence.

David Clarkson has just re signed

Dunno how I feel about this to be honest...Excellent player in the past. He done well when he started for Dundee then just disappeared. Got released at the end of season. I hope he is the back up striker that gives us options.and we are still looking at other strikers...tin hat on for the backlash from the luvvies

• Like 1

I'm pleased Clarkson is back. Should've had him last year. Maybe won't be first pick but would run through a brick wall for the cause.

I know Dundee fans said he faded last year but they seem to think they're world beaters again despite years in the wilderness.

• Like 1

Skippy was always going to be wishful thinking, he's probably in real terms another season to 18 months from his signature being a realistic prospect for us, I still think he can compete at a higher level for that amount of time before looking to our level.

Underwhelmed by Clarkson I'm sad to say, hope to be proven wrong.

Dunno how I feel about this to be honest...Excellent player in the past. He done well when he started for Dundee then just disappeared. Got released at the end of season. I hope he is the back up striker that gives us options.and we are still looking at other strikers...tin hat on for the backlash from the luvvies

Totally agree. Would not have been my first choice even last summer when he was in training. Hope time proves me wrong.

Continuing our recent tradition of bringing back former players.

The area I worry about most is central defence.

Right now we have McManus and that's it and as far as I can see there isn't even much coming through the youth development in that position with maybe the exception of Luke Watt.

Kerr, Laing and O'Brien all left. I think we need to replace all three.

On Clarkson, I was always a fan of him, even when others were getting on his back. However there were some mixed reports on him from Dundee fans last season and the fact they released him maybe tell's you something.

Surprisingly he's still in his 20's (just) so he should still have some gas in the tank. Hopefully he'll start off where he left off for us.