2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

I suspect Clarkson is the replacement for Sutton, an option off the bench. Given he's been given the number 19 jersey, it would suggest the club have someone else in mind for the number 9 shirt...

I agree. Would think our first choice striker will be an up and coming young fella with his best days ahead of him that we can sell on, rather than someone starting on the downside of his career with all due respect to Clarkson

Happy enough with this. As a squad player yes, really good professional and thoroughly decent fella. Loved him first time around.

When we played them this year he looked decent taking the ball into feet and linking up the play. Suits the Barraclough style. Don't think he's our main striker mind you but not going to knock the signing at all.

Welcome back Clarky lad.

Dunno how I feel about this to be honest...Excellent player in the past. He done well when he started for Dundee then just disappeared. Got released at the end of season. I hope he is the back up striker that gives us options.and we are still looking at other strikers.

My thoughts too. Just not sure how this will go. In his previous spell with us he scored goals and always chasing down and harrying defenders. Is that still his game?

Might even have been the other way round - wasn't known as Uncle Phil, until PO'D re-joined (Clarkson already being here).

Aye, Clarkson was playing at Fir Park when O'Donnell returned in 2004 and that's when he picked up the "Uncle" tag.

Cant believe we are falling back and spending money on someone injury prone, no tekkies, no speed and no proven goal record! What a waste of money... Underwhelmed is an understatement.

I thought we had the best scouting team in the UK....?

• Like 3

Welcome back Davey. Dont think you can underestimate the importance of having solid pro's especially those that know what the club is about in the squad. I am sure he will be motivated to make the most of this return and help the younger players progress.

Certainly interesting to see who else we sign in the next week or so. Onwards and upwards.

• Like 1

If this is any reflection of the standard of player we can expect to see arrive this summer then it's going to be another long season. And where exactly does Clarkson fit into this new philosophy we've heard so much about?

A rank rotten signing, even as a squad player.

• Like 2