2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

To get away from the Clarkson chat for a minute I'm pretty sure I saw the clubs twitter reply to a fan yesterday that we may have another signing on Friday but it seems to have been removed. Anyone else see that or was I imagining things after a ten hour shift?

I saw the post too. Said the next few day or something to that effect.

Happy with the Clarkson signing, a player with more mobility than Sutton and a better eye for goal than Mchugh. Obviously we still need a more prolific striker in and as the number 9 shirt is still free we just have to be patient, Taylor would be a great signing if we could get him

Strong rumours that mohsni may be getting a pay as you play deal.

Personal terms way off at the moment though.

I posted this in the Shoutbox earlier, from the Beeb gossip page:

Motherwell's Lionel Ainsworth says former Rangers defender Bilel Mohsni won't be a loss to football should he opt to quit the game. (Various)

Good on you Lionel!

I can't help feeling that the Clarkson signing has been a bit of a victim of timing. If we'd already signed some unknowns and had a team almost ready for the season, and then added Clarkson at the end, I reckon a lot of people would be saying that it was good to add a bit of experience as an option, and good to have something different. But because he's one of our first signings, it's seen as a sign of things to come, and a lack of ambition and planning.

We need different options and competition for places. Clarkson should provide both of these. Let's not write either Clarky, or the management off yet, there's still a long way to go in the silly season.

• Like 6

Probably not, but Clarkson is miles ahead of Sutton in terms of their ability to play in Baraclough's system

I agree, I think Clarkson will suit Baraclough’s vision of how he wants us to play. Despite his ability to score goals, Sutton was probably not mobile enough for Baraclough.

• Like 1

I can't help feeling that the Clarkson signing has been a bit of a victim of timing. If we'd already signed some unknowns and had a team almost ready for the season, and then added Clarkson at the end, I reckon a lot of people would be saying that it was good to add a bit of experience as an option, and good to have something different. But because he's one of our first signings, it's seen as a sign of things to come, and a lack of ambition and planning.

Spot on.

• Like 2

I was just thinking this about how I was feeling myself. be good to see who else comes in, I am still not excited about Clarkson, but I can't wait until he hopefully proves me wrong.

Think I read somewhere that Jennings is happy with Tranmere even in the conference so I can't see that happening.

We need to bring in some players that are in their mid twenties, got plenty experience and some youth potential in the team but nothing much in between.

Where is the Taylor rumour coming from?

We tried to get him in January, it appears, until he went to Thistle. Worked with Bara before, so some 2+2ery, I think.

Seeing and hearing a fair bit about dundee last year. Clarkson helped Greg Stewart develop heaps with his experience and movement. So basically a cheaper, poorer quality Skippy.

Looking forward to the good old days of everyone talking bout his workrate while he misses sitter after sitter and contributes 6 goals a season. Inspired signing by the new big bucks scouting system.

14/15 goals in each of his final two seasons. Did have some tough seasons not producing a lot before that after initial early flurry.

Don't expect to see that many sitters from him as a more mature player. Fit and playing reasonably regularly in a half decent team I'd expect double figures again.

Still kind of hoping he more supersub than first pick but we'ok need to wait and see.

Clarkson won't score more than 5 goals for us. Awful signing.

^^^ tenner charity bet with you on that one Gaz?

Give me 6 or under and you're on!

^^^

Papped it.