2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

I would be very happy with Taylor, didn't score as many in his second spell at Thistle but from what I've seen his all round game and positioning has improved. Would be an improvement on Erwin imo, with pace, power, height and he's a decent finisher as well. We should be able to outbid Partick Thistle so it's just down to whether he can be swayed.

I would be very happy with Taylor, didn't score as many in his second spell at Thistle but from what I've seen his all round game and positioning has improved. Would be an improvement on Erwin imo, with pace, power, height and he's a decent finisher as well. We should be able to outbid Partick Thistle so it's just down to whether he can be swayed.

Rumour at the time was Thistle offered a better wage where our offer was mostly bonuses.

Haha, done. More than 6 goals and you donate a ten spot to the Scottish Huntington's Association, 6 or under and I send the tenner to your choice.

Deal?

Deal! This has reminded me of something from last year...

Ql5RlVb.jpg

Kmac, pay up to a charity of your choice! :)

• Like 1

Not entirely thrilled with Clarkson, but suspect as many do that he will be back up (like Sutton) should we have injuries to 1st choice strikers.

What I will not do is slate him and decry his talents before he merits such abuse.

He is ex Motherwell and helped us get a healthy fee when he left.

He deserves a little bit more respect from a few on here. Christ knows why I said that :fie:

I don't think it's too bad a signing at all.

As others have said knows the club.

I actually think he'll score some goals, certainly more than 5.

Only read the thread quickly but on the bet was there any time scale on what period the 5 goals covered ( better hope he's not here for the next 5 years ha ha )

Only read the thread quickly but on the bet was there any time scale on what period the 5 goals covered ( better hope he's not here for the next 5 years ha ha )

I don't even think they agreed if it was only League, Cup and/or friendlies.

I'd assume it's fairly obvious it's for the coming season...

Gaz is a pal of mine and it's just a wee bit of fun with a good outcome either way, I very much doubt it needs a contract with criteria. With Marvin and Lionel on the wings I think he'll hit double figures if he plays, so it's a bit of a moo point.

• Like 1

I'd assume it's fairly obvious it's for the coming season...

Gaz is a pal of mine and it's just a wee bit of fun with a good outcome either way, I very much doubt it needs a contract with criteria. With Marvin and Lionel on the wings I think he'll hit double figures if he plays, so it's a bit of a moo point.

Never

to think Clarkson will replace Sutton is stupid. Clarkson is nowhere near Sutton in regards to goals scored. You can argue about mobility etc, but one thing that Sutton did was scoring goals.

Clarkson has scored a terrible 34 goals in around 160 games.That is since he left Motherwell.

Sutton scored 98 goals in just over 200 games...

Completely disregarding the fact that Clarkson spent most of that time in struggling sides at a higher level, sometimes in midfield or off the bench, while Sutton was the leading striker in a team rampant in the SPL.

Always think of Clarkson as a poor mans kenny Miller!

Will definitely have my head in my hands a few times watching him next season, but you'll not get a more honest hard working player.

During some of our darker hours last season, I'd have loved to have some players with his attitude on the park.

He's only 29, hes not slow, but was never notably fast anyway.

As others have said, if you look at him as an upgrade on mchugh and Sutton, rather than a replacement for Erwin and Mcdonald, it's a good signing.

I hope he does well, and think in the right conditions he will, starting with a good pre-season.

:ok:

Wouldn't re-sign Skippy even if it is an option. It'll be a big wage with the prospect of zero financial return. Also would hold back Dom Thomas if McD is deployed in same role as playoff's and Craig Moore if he's played up top in a two.

He played a big part in our eventual survival and his aura and presence undoubtedly improved others around him. The same happened when Faddy returned and short term both were great signings. Long term we need to blood our own and find rough diamonds from elsewhere. It's the only way the club moves forward.

Wouldn't re-sign Skippy even if it is an option. It'll be a big wage with the prospect of zero financial return. Also would hold back Dom Thomas if McD is deployed in same role as playoff's and Craig Moore if he's played up top in a two.

There's no guarantee whatsoever that these 2 lads will make it. Hopefully they will but they might not. I don't think it would hold back Dom Thomas as we played with 2 wingers - Ainsworth and Johnson.

He played a big part in our eventual survival and his aura and presence undoubtedly improved others around him. The same happened when Faddy returned and short term both were great signings. Long term we need to blood our own and find rough diamonds from elsewhere. It's the only way the club moves forward.

You strike me as someone who would go to San Carlos and not visit Refuge!! Nuff said!!

There's no guarantee whatsoever that these 2 lads will make it. Hopefully they will but they might not. I don't think it would hold back Dom Thomas as we played with 2 wingers - Ainsworth and Johnson.

Someone last season suggested to me that Dom Thomas may be better suited to playing behind a lone striker as McDonald did in the playoffs. Both he and Moore could be vying for that role.

I'm not agreeing that to sign McDonald would be a bad idea but I don't think either player would learn from playing with McDonald as I don't see them lining up alongside him. I don't see Baraclough going for a front two of Moore and McDonald. Too similar in style of play...

Someone last season suggested to me that Dom Thomas may be better suited to playing behind a lone striker as McDonald did in the playoffs. Both he and Moore could be vying for that role.

I'm not agreeing that to sign McDonald would be a bad idea but I don't think either player would learn from playing with McDonald as I don't see them lining up alongside him. I don't see Baraclough going for a front two of Moore and McDonald. Too similar in style of play...

I've now seen Craig Moore play behind a lone striker 2 or maybe 3 times and on each occasion he's looked like a fish out of water and was completely ineffective. Being kind to him that could be down to those around him, the tactics, ground conditions whatever. However how many more chances do we give him in that position?