2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

Hahaha. Here we go - we sign a young, unknown but promising striker and within a few mins a snidey comment or two...

Hopefully a hidden gem like Marvin. I think he will be. Straker was a short term/emergency signing so I do think we will make that mistake too often.

York fan here again!

Wes Fletcher was quite an exciting player, who had a very nasty knee ligament injury. He never got back to his best last season after his recovery.

At his best he is a strong centre forward with the ball at his feet, who can hold off defenders and get in where it hurts. His goalscoring record doesnt look brilliant but prior to his injury he looked like someone who could potentially score 15-20 a season at our level.

The big question mark is whether he can get back to where he was prior the injury. If so you may just have a player.

He's better than Straker btw.

• Like 6

Interesting signing.

For some reason I find his name familiar but his career stats would suggest I've never seen him.

I think we're going to end up with more than the 5:6 signings that Baraclough suggested.

You thinking of Karl Fletcher from Dream Team!?

• Like 1

York fan here again!

Wes Fletcher was quite an exciting player, who had a very nasty knee ligament injury. He never got back to his best last season after his recovery.

At his best he is a strong centre forward with the ball at his feet, who can hold off defenders and get in where it hurts. His goalscoring record doesnt look brilliant but prior to his injury he looked like someone who could potentially score 15-20 a season at our level.

The big question mark is whether he can get back to where he was prior the injury. If so you may just have a player.

He's better than Straker btw.

Thanks for this WizWag. Was about to come on and ask if anyone knew anything about him !

Our tremendous York City lineage continues. Exactly type of signing I was alluding to looking for earlier. With him and Clarkson signing it probably signals the end of our long and successful run of playing old fashioned target men up top.

Interesting to see how it goes without having the the route one approch to fall back on when games are getting away from us. Sutty, Higdon and even Ports and Juke always gave us that option. Gonna have to stick to the 'slick and quick' as Gannon to call it, no bad thing.

Most of us support the blueprint of unearthing gems in their early 20s from England and beyond. Players that are capable of making an an immediate impact but with scope to develop.

That being the case, we're likely to be looking at players who have had a bad injury or went off the rails a little with Motherwell offering the platform to bounce back.

Fletcher fits the profile we're committed too. I'm looking forward to seeing something new in pre-season.

Sounds like the kind of player we should be signing - assuming he is any good of course. From his interview it seems Bara had been tracking him for a while, so obviously believes he will fit in to the system. Hoping he is one of those guys who does all his talking on the park.