2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

I think yourself and others are going to end up with egg on your faces here.Give the boy a chance he is only 21 with mostly sub appearances in a crap team. This boy has it and I for one am looking forward to him proving it.

I'd be happy to have egg on my face if he became a free scoring striker for Motherwell. In any case, I've never said he had no potential but my main problem with Erwin is that we shouldn't try to develop that potential at the expense of our top flight status.

Sad to see Morgyn Neill didn't make the grade, would have been good to have had a young centre half ready to challenge for a first team spot next season. Not familiar with twitterspeak but is there a suggestion in there that Cadden and Ferguson have been offered new deals?

Sad to see Morgyn Neill didn't make the grade, would have been good to have had a young centre half ready to challenge for a first team spot next season. Not familiar with twitterspeak but is there a suggestion in there that Cadden and Ferguson have been offered new deals?

Yes. From the official site

David Ferguson, Ben Hall, Chris Cadden and Dylan Mackin have all been offered new contracts to stay with the club.

Apparently a big shock was Max Currie being released, a lot of people I know that watched the under 20s felt he would have been able to make the step up to the first team.

Always tough for goalkeepers to break through though at the best of times. Also he's not tall.

In fact if you look at who's been kept on and who's been released you can definitely see a trend there.

Max Currie 5'10, Steve Higgins 5'9, Liam Anderson 5'8, Craig McCall 5'5, all out. Meanwhile everyone kept on is at least 6'0.

I hope that's not the way we are going and it's just a coincidence because I think that's a pretty retrogressive way to promote youth players.

Higgins, Anderson and McCall never really seemed to stand out in any of the U20s games that I saw this season, so I doubt height had much to do with it. Especially when you also consider we gave 5'7" Dom Thomas a new contract .

• Like 1

Higgins, Anderson and McCall never really seemed to stand out in any of the U20s games that I saw this season, so I doubt height had much to do with it. Especially when you also consider we gave 5'7" Dom Thomas a new contract .

Not giving Dom Thomas a contract was not really a possibility though given his performances at both U20 and first team level this season.

I'd be happy to have egg on my face if he became a free scoring striker for Motherwell. In any case, I've never said he had no potential but my main problem with Erwi

is that we shouldn't try to develop that potential at the

expense of our top flight status.

not his only impact in a game tonight

as I said this boy has got it and anyone who knows about football can see it.

if you think hes like josh magennis.WOW

if true what you say we cannot compete with hearts post admin as we havent been able to down the years. theres a reason people are managers of football clubs and it is because they know a lot more about football than me, you and other keyboatd warriors. doesnt sound good however if all other young boys want to leave even though none I feel other than carswell a little last year have shown enough.

if true what you say we cannot compete with hearts post admin as we havent been able to down the years. theres a reason people are managers of football clubs and it is because they know a lot more about football than me, you and other keyboatd warriors. doesnt sound good however if all other young boys want to leave even though none I feel other than carswell a little last year have shown enough.

Keyboard warriors aren't people that disagree with you...

I'd be happy to have egg on my face if he became a free scoring striker for Motherwell. In any case, I've never said he had no potential but my main problem with Erwi

is that we shouldn't try to develop that potential at the

expense of our top flight status.

not his only impact in a game tonight

as I said this boy has got it and anyone who knows about football can see it.

if you think hes like josh magennis.WOW

Listen, Erwin was excellent tonight, he'll get my MotM award but he's had 19 starts and had 5 games like tonight. His goal tally is way off the mark for someone playing right up top and he's missed chance after chance all season.

I've never said he doesn't have potential but we are in a very tricky position right now and have been for a long time. If Erwin played like he did tonight I wouldn't hear a word against him but the last time he did was a month ago against St. Mirren.

you said he was like josh magennis.

hes 21 loads of sub appearances 1st season in top league

If he played every game like tonight (where he was not excellent but great in moments) then he would be at man utd.

im just calling you out for slating him when I know he is

our best potential player in a wee while.

face facts you are and were wrong!