2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

If we sign Moult and McDonald, I reckon Craig Moore could forget about getting his chance with us. Got to figure on one of the guys from down South with McDonald as first choice pairing with Clarkson and the other as backup.

Sending Moore out on loan is pointless. He needs to be breaking through now or you'd be as well letting him go...

If we sign Moult and McDonald, I reckon Craig Moore could forget about getting his chance with us. Got to figure on one of the guys from down South with McDonald as first choice pairing with Clarkson and the other as backup.

Sending Moore out on loan is pointless. He needs to be breaking through now or you'd be as well letting him go.

It's upto to Moore to up his game and show he deserves to be ahead of any other striker we have in the squad.

Brilliant news - massively surprised we have pulled this off! If you watch highlights of the Rangers battering every three days like I do, you may have noticed Marvin was probably our most influential player in those games - I half expected him to be poached this close season.

He still could, but we'll get decent wonga for him and next summer too.

We'll have increased his terms to get the extension so the hope either is to demand a bigger transfer next summer with 2 years to run or get 2 seasons where he shows constant improvement to put him in the shop window in 2017. Regardless all good.

I suspect Sutton's wage will be part of what's being offered to McDonald but I suspect a few of the others who were released will also be added to that pot.

Wes will be on buttons and Moult will be on a decent wedge, maybe as some have pointed out, too much to allow McDonald to be involved.

Can't believe we are ready to pay another transfer fee,changed days.

I think that's the crux, WE .... as in the support. The new owner is facilitating these but ultimately if we don't sell them on for decent cash (Law and Randolph) then it will come from WS members.

In Baraclough we trust, in years gone by if a manager made a bad decision then we may suffer on the park, in these days of potential fan ownership, our WS investments could be wiped out in addition to watching dross.

However, to clarify I have great hope in what he can achieve this summer and everything I've seen so far appears to show a degree of acumen.

I know all of these signings haven't been confirmed but it's exciting that we're going down the promised route of signing players with the potential to develop. Of course, they won't all (if any) be successful but hopefully some of them come good and I prefer this approach to signing loads of the familiar faces kicking about the SPF.

Changed days indeed. I'm also liking that, although I'm on holiday, these days I can keep up to speed with what's happening rather having to return and find out what happened over the previous fortnight. Showing my age here!

• Like 1

I imagine Moult's fee will be a fraction of what we got for Erwin.

Was going to post this precise thing.

I reckon this is a calculated/informed gamble based on what is anticipated from the Erwin compensation.

For all we know, compensation may already have been agreed, 'out of court', as it were.

So far we've signed a Celtic youth player, a striker fae York, and a striker released by Dundee. We are also in talks to sign a striker fae Wrexham.

Hardly ground breaking stuff but for some reason, Im happy with it all and feeling really positive...am I being taken in by the spin?

We will only find that out for sure some time in the middle of August/start of September.

It's good to be optimistic though :-D

Im happy with it all and feeling really positive...am I being taken in by the spin?

It's a sink or swim thing for Baraclough, and a proper acid test of the scouting system. Either we've hit upon one, two, or more good players who work for us, or we've grossly under-estimated the required quality, or over-estimated theirs.

I'm an optimist though, and the one signing which Baraclough was clearly wanting in January probably saved us, so that'll do fine.

Am I alone in hoping Grant rejoins us, btw? I thought he looked great in wee flashes, if a bit hamstrung by being stuck wide.